Aluminum cleaner/polish?

CliffP

Any suggestions what to use to clean and polish the diamond plate rock guard on the front of our North Trail?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I've used Mothers before. The stuff in the jar. It's a paste and while it's a lot of work the first time, once you get it shined up, subsequent cleanings are much easier. It'll look like chrome!

GOTTOYS

If it has a clear coat finish just use car polish. If not there are several metal polishes, like Mothers, that work well...Don

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The question I have is. Is it really aluminum or is it plastic looking diamond plate. If its plastic I would not rub on it toooo hard.

CliffP

That is a great question! It does seem to flex quite a bit while driving. I'll try giving customer service a call and see what they say.

ZNK

Did you find out by chance? I would be interested in knowing if it is real diamond plate or not...

CliffP

Did you find out by chance? I would be interested in knowing if it is real diamond plate or not...

It's been a busy couple weeks, haven't called but checked it out and it is diamond plate aluminum but appears to be 1/16" at the most. If you look in the lower corners you can see the side of it. I use Wizards Mist N Shine on the rest of the camper (windows and all) and that'll be fine for now. If it gets dull I'll use something more aggressive.

PeternLiane

Ours looks and feels like aluminum. Also sounds like aluminum. I used Meguiars polish to polish the aluminum diamond plate. it worked pretty good.