EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Canton - 10/12/2012 to 10/14/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Erika,

I like your idea, I am planning a Meet and Greet on Friday evening at 7 PM with some snacks. Let's make those snacks State Fair style food snacks in a pot luck style.
I can not wait for my State Fair food fix!

Anybody else have some neat ideas for the rally?

Terry H

Staff member
I was notified today that Corbin and Flora Tayloe will be attending the rally. Now we are up to the 11 units!

Terry H

Staff member
Yesterday, I talk to the Mill Creek event coordinator and moved everyone that was not in the Red Oaks area to the Red Oaks area, so everyone will be close to the Rally Lodge. Site numbers have been updated in Post #1.

Also a reminder to those that have not made reservations: Rally sites that are not reserved by September 11, 2012, will be released back to the resort. After September 11, 2012 reservations still can be made, but the site may not be close to the Rally group.

Last edited:

Terry H

Staff member
I received a PM from Gary and Annie Lee will be attending the Rally. I look forward to meeting them.

Terry H

Staff member
I received a PM from Larry and Mary Ann Oberbeck who will be joining us for the rally. I look forward to meeting them.

Terry H

Staff member
Yes, It going to be a great rally we now have 13 rigs. I am also hope we will have more that join the rally. On September 11th the unreserved rally sites will be released back to the Park. So those who are thinking about joining at the Rally please reserve before September 11th. If reservations are made after September 11th there is no guaranties that you will be near the Rally Group.

Terry H

Staff member
The Rally is getting bigger! I received a PM from Bruce and Sandy Turner that have decided to join us at the Rally. I look forward to meeting them. We are up to 14 units, we have room for many more.

laprez

Question: for non-members is the rate 20 dollars per rig or 10 dollars per person?

We will be heading your way on Sat, and might stop in. But we are still planning the itinerary - so will have to take a chance after the 11th, if we make a reservation. Will let you know when things firm up.

Terry H

Staff member
Art and Pat,

The fee is $20 per unit. If you join the Heartland Owners Club the Rally fee will be $0. We would be glad to have you join us for the rally. I do not think you will have a problem getting a site, and will be able to be apart of the rally even after September 11th. The site just might not be near the rest of the rally attendees.

Terry H

Staff member
The date for releasing rally sites back to Mill Creek Resort for open public reservations has been changed from today to September 19[SUP]th[/SUP], 2012. So if you have not made reservations for the Rally you have one more week to guarantee that your site will be with the rest of the rally group. After September 19[SUP]th[/SUP] you still will be to make reservations for the rally, but no guarantee you will be near the rally group.

Terry H

Staff member
Roy and Sandy Walker will be attending the Rally. I look forward to meeting them. We are up to 15 units! I would like to see 20 attending. You still have time to sign up.

Terry H

Staff member
News Flash! Order Rally Tee Shirts Now!

Rally Tee Shirts will be available for the North Texas Chapter Inaugural Rally. The tee shirts will be $12 each. XXL and XXXL sizes will be $14 each. Payment for the tee shirts will be due at the Rally. I will need a minimum order of 20 shirts to have the tee shirts available at this price. The deadline to order tee shirts is September 20, 2012. The tee shirts will have custom graphics just for this rally that have been designed by Erika Dorsey, user - TravelTiger. Please let me know how many and what sizes are needed by posting a reply to the Rally thread or sending me a PM.

2012 No Texas Rally 4(Back).jpg

Last edited:

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Erika, can you see the tears in my eyes because I can't be there! And now I won't be able to get a tee shirt either!

Terry H

Staff member
Well it is about 3 1/2 weeks until the Rally! If you have not made reservations 4 more days to make reservations and be guaranteed a site with the Rally group. I have attached a preliminary agenda for the Rally in Post 1 of this thread.

Last edited:

Terry H

Staff member
Nancy,

Just about all potlucks that I have been a part of have casseroles that have meat in them. I call these main dishes. Potlucks seem to have main dishes, side dishes like vegetables, salads and deserts. What ever dish you decide to bring, bring about 6 to 8 servings. If you need additional information please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.