POSTED ON HOM - Coax Wiring Diagrams for 2008-2013.5 LM, BH, BC and Silverado

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Re: Satellite connection in 3585 bedroom

I just got a new Silverado 34 SE and can't get a satellite signal thru the UDC jacks but do when I hook direct to receiver from dish. I have tried every combination of connections and nothing. I have not seen a jack for the satellite in the bedroom. TV is hooked up to the jack above the dresser for cable. Any suggestions are welcome.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life

Gregg.....I have the same problem in my Silverado 32TS. Most of the time I just run the cable thru a open window.

danemayer

Satellite signals have to be connected to the coax connectors designated for satellite; they won't get through the cable TV connection. If you are already trying the connection marked for satellite, don't overlook the possibility that there's a label problem. Try the other connectors.

When the connections don't work, the most common issue is a bad crimp at the connector, leaving it either loose, or with ground wire strands shorting the center connection. Examine the connections.

On some newer models, the bedroom satellite connection is in the closet and a jumper needs to be moved in there to route the satellite signal to the TV instead of the cable/antenna signal.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Satellite signals have to be connected to the coax connectors designated for satellite; they won't get through the cable TV connection. If you are already trying the connection marked for satellite, don't overlook the possibility that there's a label problem. Try the other connectors.

When the connections don't work, the most common issue is a bad crimp at the connector, leaving it either loose, or with ground wire strands shorting the center connection. Examine the connections.

On some newer models, the bedroom satellite connection is in the closet and a jumper needs to be moved in there to route the satellite signal to the TV instead of the cable/antenna signal.

Dan......Don't know about gwalter's rig, but mine does not have any makers saying which is which in the UDC. As far as in the front closet.....nothing there either. I have checked all connections and have found nothing loose.
Now I just run the connection thru the window and hook up.

pegmikef

With an eye on "current selling" receivers, would one feel it would be best to lobby Heartland to add an HDMI cable instead of a second coax to that bedroom TV?

My preference would be one HDMI and one coax. Right now mine has the single coax with the jumper arrangement in the closet.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Jim, mine is not marked either and I have hooked up every combination I can think of. I also tightened all of the coax connections as most were loose. I haven't found the satellite connection for the bedroom either. I traced the cables from the udc until they passed under the floor. The only splitter I found was where it splits to the basement jack and the bedroom.

danemayer

Jim, mine is not marked either and I have hooked up every combination I can think of. I also tightened all of the coax connections as most were loose. I haven't found the satellite connection for the bedroom either. I traced the cables from the udc until they passed under the floor. The only splitter I found was where it splits to the basement jack and the bedroom.

I don't know, but it's possible your rig doesn't come satellite wiring to the bedroom. If not, it's not too hard to run coax from the UDC across the basement (I'd string it behind the wall), and up into the bedroom. Depending on floor plan, there may be an existing set of raceways for water and power running along the door side and into the bedroom in the corner.

porthole

Retired
My trailer was marked at the UDC and at the wall plate in the bedroom for SAT TV.

There was never a coax installed though :rolleyes:

nomosno

Today marks the first week of living in our 2015 3160EL, afew minor issues but that was expected. What I am trying

is get the CH 3 or 4 output of my dish 311 receiver to the bedroom tv. I havedownloaded 2013.5 coax layout but unlessI am not seeing something I don't see a path. In the living room I have 1 platewith 2 outlets, one going to "sat in" on receiver and the other isfor "over the air" going to tv. I am using the wall RCA plugs forliving room tv. In the bedroom I have 2 wall plates in the closet with a jumpergoing from over the air to a single f connector and that goes to the tv hookup. The drawing is not showing 2 outlets inbedroom but is showing 2 in living room (that I don't have). I have not tried theoutlet in basement storage area.
Even if I get the dish 322 receiver still don't see a pathfor the second tv.

danemayer

Today marks the first week of living in our 2015 3160EL, afew minor issues but that was expected. What I am trying

is get the CH 3 or 4 output of my dish 311 receiver to the bedroom tv. I havedownloaded 2013.5 coax layout but unlessI am not seeing something I don't see a path. In the living room I have 1 platewith 2 outlets, one going to "sat in" on receiver and the other isfor "over the air" going to tv. I am using the wall RCA plugs forliving room tv. In the bedroom I have 2 wall plates in the closet with a jumpergoing from over the air to a single f connector and that goes to the tv hookup.The drawing is not showing 2 outlets inbedroom but is showing 2 in living room (that I don't have). I have not tried theoutlet in basement storage area.
Even if I get the dish 322 receiver still don't see a pathfor the second tv.

Hi nomosno,

You have to put the 311 receiver in the living room and connect the coax output to the "over the air" coax connector on the wall plate. That should send the receiver output to all TVs by way of the "over the air"/cable wiring. I'd expect the signal booster would have to be OFF.

NewHopians

We have been in FWs for many years and have never been able to get one satellite or cable box to work both TVs from one location. Have had to move box to which ever TV we are watching. TV technician told me once that satellite and cable will not work through a splitter.

LBR

We have been in FWs for many years and have never been able to get one satellite or cable box to work both TVs from one location. Have had to move box to which ever TV we are watching. TV technician told me once that satellite and cable will not work through a splitter.
We just got our 2017 CY 3 months ago and man, how the custom projects mount up so quickly! I wrote them down, prioritized by costs, time to do, importance for happiness, and inside or outside projects (to battle the weather in winter). One project I completed runs along this thought.

The factory blu-ray was HDMI'd to living room TV. I also permantly mounted our Dish Tailgater receiver and HDMI'd it to the same set. Good to go in the living room temporarily for one trip, but we watch TV in the garage 95% of time, so what to do? enter Amazon.

I ran one 15' HDMI cable from behind the living room TV to an HDMI wall plate I installed on bottom of loft for the garage TV, then hooked that TV up to the plate. In living room behind the TV, I brought both the blu-ray and Dish receiver HDMIs to a 2 into 1 A/B switch, exited out to a 1 into 2 amplified splitter. Project done.

That one garage HDMI cable carries both blu-ray and Dish signals to the TV, as does the one HDMI cable into living room TV...set A/B switch to Satelitte or Blu-ray. I wanted to hardwire to the garage rather than wirelessly transmitting.

I had purchased an extra 15' cable in case the 2 TVs, when both on, would not have a delay between them as some literature will lead one to believe. From the amplified splitter, the living room has 3' of cable and the garage had a total run of 18' of HDMI cable.....thus some sources will tout a noticible and aggravating delay for picture/sound. There was no delay, so I didn't have to use the long cable in living room for signal balancing....everything works as I had expected. Good luck with the road you choose to go on here!!