2013 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXTiger

Re: 2013 North American Rally

Hoping to make the PA rally in Gettysburg in May, go to Wash DC for Rolling Thunder/VietNam Wall Memorial Day Weekend and then head to IN for this rally.

arisce

Bill and Karen will be there at our usual spot. We will come early and leave later. Our classic BH 3600 will make the trip but I am looking at toy haulers. Looking forward to seeing all our friends.

ihsolutions

We are heading out west to Yellowstone and Grand Canyon in late May (pulling kids out of school early) but planning to be back to the midwest in time for the Heartland rally. Looking forward to it!

Noobie

Questions on the rally( will be our first hopefully)

we are planning on buying a cyclone next month will our member info be available in time to rregister?
how much per night is the rally?
is the fairgrounds wheelchair accessible?

Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone

olcoon

Noobie,
You won't be able to register until sometime in Dec., so unless you wait until the last minute there won't be a problem, & even if you do there probably won't be a problem.
HOC doesn't charge by the night, it's for the dates of the rally, plus any days you come early &/or stay late.
Yes, the grounds comply with ADA.

Hope you join the Heartland family & attend the rally, you won't regret it!!!

danemayer

Join the club before Dec. Club members have first opportunity to register. Sold out in 52 hours last time in Indiana. I think there'll be more spaces this time but still...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jbeletti

Join the club before Dec. Club members have first opportunity to register. Sold out in 52 hours last time in Indiana. I think there'll be more spaces this time but still...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's some good advice :) We'll have 300 sites this time. I'm thinking anyone who wants to join us will be able to. Another thing to keep in mine is that 100% of those who got on the waitlist, got filled. Some elected to not act when the waitlist contacted them, but point being, the waitlist is real and it works! We will have up to 20% cancel. So that's 60 sites that will turnover by rally time.

Noobie

Thanks all as soon as we take the plunge we will join the club and hopefully be able to make the rally sounds like great fun

dfk009

Since it looks like only about half the sites has full hook up, is there plans for a mobile sewer pump service being available for the the other half? Any word on this Jim? Don K.

jbeletti

Since it looks like only about half the sites has full hook up, is there plans for a mobile sewer pump service being available for the the other half? Any word on this Jim? Don K.

Don,

Most of the permanent sites at this venue have sewer. Very few are power/water only. However, we will have the venue create a good many temp sites for us and those sites will be 30 amp power and water only - no sewer.

My plan is to contract with a pump-out service to come by a couple times during the rally. Not an "on-call" thing, but a regular schedule. They will pump out whoever is signed up for it. We'll figure out a method. Cost for the service will be included with the rally rate.

Jim

CTD2005

It is "planned" for June 18-23.

Hi Jim, we are looking into making our summer vacation a trip for the McGregor rally, then come down to the Goshen rally. We are looking at leaving McGregor on the 16th. Since it's roughly a 4 hour drive, would we be able to get into the Goshen site that afternoon?
Thanks,
Nick

jbeletti

Hi Jim, we are looking into making our summer vacation a trip for the McGregor rally, then come down to the Goshen rally. We are looking at leaving McGregor on the 16th. Since it's roughly a 4 hour drive, would we be able to get into the Goshen site that afternoon?
Thanks,
Nick

Nick, yes. The pre-rally begins on the 11th. So anyone can sign-up for the rally with an arrival date as early as the 11th.

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired

Thanks,
Nick

We would love to see you at the Ontario Rally in McGregor.

Bob

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired

Nick and Suzanne
We would love to see you in McGregor. We are going this winter to New Braunfels for 4 months this winter. Maybe we could meet sometime.+
my Email is wfwilson55@gmail.com Look forward to meeting you.
Wayne and Gayle

CTD2005

Nick and Suzanne
We would love to see you in McGregor. We are going this winter to New Braunfels for 4 months this winter. Maybe we could meet sometime.+
my Email is wfwilson55@gmail.com Look forward to meeting you.
Wayne and Gayle

Yea, that sounds great. We are trying to get vacation approvals from work for this summer. Keeping fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim,

How about a sticky thread with a show of interest list for Goshen?

That way we could start getting with other folks from the various areas to caravan.

So far, asking folks at various rallys here in the West is not getting a great response. Thanks, Trace

Status
Not open for further replies.