2013 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

happykraut

Does anyone remember the name of the person or business that made the metal ring that was shown at the rally? I believe it was made by an Amish man around Shipshewana. If you know or remember the name I would appreciate if you let me know. Thanks.
His name is Mike Tinklin out of Canada.

Lou_and_Bette

Keith, Mike didn't make the ring, he bought it and showed it at the rally. If you enter "firepit ring" in the seach threads box at the top of the page, the guys name, phone number, and email are listed under that thread Lou

jbeletti

Steve and Mary - Bill gave you accurate info on the 2014 Rally. Still working with venue on the contract but I expect all to fall into place.

Keith and Kim - below is a the business card for the place that made the fire ring for Mike Tinklin:
G and S Welding.jpg

happykraut

Sorry about that. I read it wrong. I thought you were looking for the name of the person that had the ring. It's h**l to get old.

wdk450

Gang:
One of my 2 items for repair at the rally was my rear Day/Night shade that had a broken string on one side. I went to some of the seminars, so I left the trailer unlocked, and posted the permission slip for the service team to enter my trailer taped to the door. The team came, changed out one of my dining room slide vertical end trim pieces, and left me a note that they needed my address to send me a new Day-Night shade to. Well. that was a month ago, and I thought they had forgotten about it. I got a phone call a few days ago from the Heartland Service gang, asking for my address so they could ship me the shade. Tuesday evening this week UPS delivers a cardboard tube about 6 inches in diameter and SIX FEET LONG with the shade in it.
THANKS SO MUCH HEARTLAND!!!

The Heartland crew was outstanding this year as they have been in the past. With the amount of units they had to work on it was amazing. It was our pleasure to offer them and few moments each evening to unwind and relax. They are all great company. Thanks again Heartland for all you do for the workers and all of the RV owners. This is the reason I will always be a Heartland owner.

GETnBYE

The Heartland crew was outstanding this year as they have been in the past. With the amount of units they had to work on it was amazing. It was our pleasure to offer them and few moments each evening to unwind and relax. They are all great company. Thanks again Heartland for all you do for the workers and all of the RV owners. This is the reason I will always be a Heartland owner.

Al, I see on your travel map that the great state of Alabama has not been colored in as of yet. HMMMMM, guess where I live?? You best be gettin this problem fixed soon.:p

porthole

Retired
Service requests

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but according to the "service request" thread it is.

Suggestion for future rallies; all service requests should be confirmed by email with the requester.

Hank V. made a request, never heard back and assumed it was granted. The service team had no info on his request. But, it was easily rectified and the service performed.

I made a request, never heard back and assumed it was granted. My request was denied, for, as it turns out, incorrect information from the service department.

I had asked about replacing my awning shocks, as they are rusted and seem weak. Been that way since the trailer was a few months old. My gas struts are the older versions with the chromed piston. I can see why the pistons are now black (nitride I think).

When I inquired about the service I was told it was denied because it would take 2 1/2 - 3 hours to complete.

I never received a denial nor did Dave. Had it been denied and acknowledged I could have at least requested another service or ordered the parts and had them available at the rally. As it was it would take 2 weeks to get them.

I do not have the struts yet, but I did look to see how hard they are to change.

I removed and replaced one of my struts in 10 minutes. If I had help I could have done it in 5 minutes.

I have no idea where 2 1/2 - 3 hours comes from. It shouldn't take that long to replace a complete awning.

Theresau

Interesting because we did get an email confirmation.

Service requests

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but according to the "service request" thread it is.

Suggestion for future rallies; all service requests should be confirmed by email with the requester.

Hank V. made a request, never heard back and assumed it was granted. The service team had no info on his request. But, it was easily rectified and the service performed.

I made a request, never heard back and assumed it was granted. My request was denied, for, as it turns out, incorrect information from the service department.

I had asked about replacing my awning shocks, as they are rusted and seem weak. Been that way since the trailer was a few months old. My gas struts are the older versions with the chromed piston. I can see why the pistons are now black (nitride I think).

When I inquired about the service I was told it was denied because it would take 2 1/2 - 3 hours to complete.

I never received a denial nor did Dave. Had it been denied and acknowledged I could have at least requested another service or ordered the parts and had them available at the rally. As it was it would take 2 weeks to get them.

I do not have the struts yet, but I did look to see how hard they are to change.

I removed and replaced one of my struts in 10 minutes. If I had help I could have done it in 5 minutes.

I have no idea where 2 1/2 - 3 hours comes from. It shouldn't take that long to replace a complete awning.

jbeletti

Duane,

In 2015 when we return to Goshen, we will be improving the request process to include feedback/confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.