Remote for Jensen DVD/Radio

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a universal remote that will work with the factory Jensen stereo/dvd player? I currently use the flat remote that comes with it, my tv remote and my Dish Network remote and would like to get a universal remote instead of having to use all three.

Larry&LyndaSmith

Past New Mexico Chapter Leaders
Logitech

Logitech makes a series called Harmony which I've had good luck with. A little pricy, but great quality and reliability.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Your dish network remote may also be a universal remote. You could try the jensen DVD player codes to see if the DVD player functions would work.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We just bought a 2013 Trail Runner with the in-wall Jensen DVD/CD/Radio, and i don't believe that ours came with a remote.

I'll have to go out there tomorrow and have a look, although the dealership never showed a remote to us when we made the purchase back in September.

I'm waiting for one more TV wall mount to arrive so I can mount the two Vizio TV's before our maden campout starting on Christmas day.

caissiel

Philips programmable for around 12-15$ will be able to be used. Only one I found that could do it. Maybe other more programable will work but to me was to expensive.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2

TXTiger

Your dish network remote may also be a universal remote. You could try the jensen DVD player codes to see if the DVD player functions would work.

Agree, try the Dish remote. My son is an installer for Cox Cable and he got my cable remote to work with my television, surround sound stereo and cable box in my home. If you can't get it to work try calling Dish tech support and maybe they can talk you thru the programming of the remote.

JohnD

We just bought a 2013 Trail Runner with the in-wall Jensen DVD/CD/Radio, and i don't believe that ours came with a remote.

I'll have to go out there tomorrow and have a look, although the dealership never showed a remote to us when we made the purchase back in September.

I'm waiting for one more TV wall mount to arrive so I can mount the two Vizio TV's before our maden campout starting on Christmas day.

Well, my second wall mount arrived today at Campers World, so I stopped and picked it up on the way to work.

I asked the parts counter guy if the Jensen DVD/CD/Radio units came with the remote (they had them on display in the electronics department) and he told me they did, and he mentioned that it might be in the packet with all of the paperwork.

Well . . . tonight I leafed through the packet . . . and low and behold . . . the remote for the Jensen unit!

I'll be mounting the TV's on Tuesday . . . I'll take some pics and post them when installed!

JohnD

Well, my second wall mount arrived today at Campers World, so I stopped and picked it up on the way to work.

I asked the parts counter guy if the Jensen DVD/CD/Radio units came with the remote (they had them on display in the electronics department) and he told me they did, and he mentioned that it might be in the packet with all of the paperwork.

Well . . . tonight I leafed through the packet . . . and low and behold . . . the remote for the Jensen unit!

I'll be mounting the TV's on Tuesday . . . I'll take some pics and post them when installed!

Well . . . installed the two TV's today.

I started with the bedroom TV . . . interestingly enough, when I drilled a hole in the 'TV mount sticker' showing where the TV mount was supposed to go . . . there was nothing behind the wall panel.

Drilled another where it felt like there was a wall plate . . . still nothing!

I found the wall plate finally, although it was closer to the outside wall than the sticker insinuated, and much lower, so the TV can't fold up flat against the wall when towing.

Also, that wall doesn't seem too sturdy, but I think it will be fine.

The larger TV in the living/dining room mounted very easily and is nice and solid.

I scanned for channels, and ironically it seems the antenna doesn't pick up as good as the old antenna on our old 35 year old trailer.

I picked up 15 channels where our old antenna in the old camper would pick up over 50 channels here at our house.

And that was a regular TV hooked up to one of those HD channel boxes.

I'll post some pics later!