Roof warranty and mfg warranty

CHUCKER60

Does a used 2011 32bhss north trail have a 10/year roof warranty that will transfer if purchased as used trailer? And will the normal 2yr trailer/appliance warranty transfer? Or...all warranties non-transferrable. First the dealer said the warranties transfer and once the decision was made to purchase we are told warranty does not transfer? Anyone have in facts on this?

jimtoo

Hi chucker60,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. You will find a lot of great people here and lots of information.

I can't help with the warranty information myself. I would suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 877-262-8032, to get the information straight from the factory.

Enjoy the forum and hopefully your North Trail.

Jim M

danemayer

From the Dicor website:
What is the warranty of my roof?
Dicor offers a 12 year warranty for the sheeting only. The warranty covers only premature deterioration to the point of failure due to weathering only. It does not cover the original installation or the (glue, lap Sealant, Butyl tape) to install the roof. It is a pro-rated warranty. The first 5 years would include parts and labor. Years 6-12 are pro-rated for material replacement only, no labor. This warranty is offered only to the original purchaser.

A few weeks ago I looked as the Heartland warranty statement and that for several of the appliances. It seems to be a common practice to offer the warranty only to the original purchaser.

I think Good Sam's and other extended warranties are transferable.

GOTTOYS

I purchased a one year old SOB a few years ago. The water heater quit. I brought it to an authorized Suburban water heater dealer. They could not fix it under warranty as I was not the original owner. As far as the "10 year" roof warranty goes...It's not worth the paper it's written on anyway. It only covers the rubber fabric, not any sealants additional parts or ANY labor. In other words it will pay for about 10% of the cost of a new roof. If that isn't bad enough..I think it's also pro-rated. It's amazing how dealers push this like you're really getting something worthwhile. What a scam! I bet there isn't anybody who ever collected on this...Don

danemayer

It's amazing how dealers push this like you're really getting something worthwhile.
Dicor's warranty statement is fairly clear about what's covered and what's not. It's written in pretty plain english, not legal mumbo-jumbo. The problem comes in when dealers focus on the headline that it's got a 12 year warranty and don't tell you about the remainder of the paragraph.

I think it's a good illustration why it's never a good idea to accept oral statements about warranty coverages, insurance coverages, or anything covered by contract law. What's written down counts. What's spoken doesn't count for anything. If it's important to you, get it in writing and read it.