Difference in Landmark and Big Horn

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Can someone tell me what the exact differences are between the Landmark and Big Horn lines? I asked a very stupid salesman over the weekend, but he could only say that Big Horn is a "lower end unit" of the Landmark line.

The floor plans look identical on both units, the interiors seem to be the same, the weight capacities are the same. The only mechanical thing I could see is the lack of the city water manifold with individual valves for each water source. The water lines themselves seem to be the same. The solid countertops are the same.

I just can't figure out what the difference is in the two trailers.

Thanks

J

Jeff

Landmark Vs. Big Horn!

Hi Jay:

I don't want to sound like a saleman here!

But, I know from what Scott has told me is this:

The Big Horn is for a different Price Range Group of RV Persons. Where the Landmark is for a Higher End Group.

The Differences in the 2 are minimal, just that the Big Horn doesn't use all the High End Expensive components as the Landmark does. Those differences I would have to leave to Scott to answer.

If you really want a detailed explanation call Scott at the Factory and he will give you all the specifics.

Hope this helps.

Take care.

Jeff

jayc

Thanks Jeff, I got a PM from Dave Bennington and he pointed out some differences for me as well.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Could you share these differences with the rest of us. As a person with a BigHorn on order, I would love to see the comparison. I know that once my unit arrives, I will be asked these questions.

rosco

diff

Hi guys, I think if you visit the factory side of the forum you can check the weight specification as well as all the features of both the landmark and the BH ...There are a lot of differences... the major one for me is that the BH does not have the Moreryde system and it's not offered as an options..the other main factors insulation, size of holding tanks seem to be the same.

Last edited:

jayc

Sorry for the delay in responding, but I've been out of town on vacation. Here are the differences that Dave Bennington sent me:

It is Dave again, I spoke to my wife and she remember a few other differences.

1. Gel coat on the Landmark unit (this is a biggy almost $10,000).
2. Flex steel furniture
3. drawer runners are not the ball bearing type
4. trailair hitch
5. led lights
6. slide toppers
7. toilet is different
8. 2 batteries
9. 80 amp converter

There are some things that are std on the Landmark that you cannot get on the Big Horn even as an option.

According to Doug Lantz one of the Heartland owners the Big Horn was started mainly to compete with the Montana, Ceder Creek, and others in that price range. We ordered a Landmark Golden Gate and now just waiting for it to come in so we can start camping.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
jayc, I appreciate the return. Regarding the gel-cote, I was told by Coley that it was a $1,200 option for the BigHorn.