Satellite Cable

Larry W

I have a Bighorn 3055L and my DirecTv satellite system will not pass a signal through the cable for satellite. I have tested the cables and I am not using the "coiled in roof" cable. I am able to use a VCR and pass an RF-modulated signal through this cable but I get no signal in either direction from the dish to the receiver or from the receiver to the dish. Is there a splitter or some other device installed in this line that is effecting my signal.

Thanks,

vangoes

Larry,
I had the same issue with my satelite cable. Check for continuity between the core wire and the grounding shield wire (there should not be any). My problem was when the connectors where installed on the cable behind the docking station a strand of the ground shield was wrapped around the core wire. I removed the connector and reinstalled it and all is good now.

The RV-Ramblers

BigHorn Owners
On my 3500 there are 2 satelite connectors. One goes to the roof for roof mounting. The other goes to the television. You may be connected to the one going to the roof.

jrlebaron

I'm confused as usual. My 08 3670's docking station has two sat connection. Now is one of those for for movable dish and one for mounted dish? Jim

I wish the manual that Heartland provides with their units would give more details on what and how different things were for.

bking

I had a similar problem getting satellite signal in our Golden Gate. Problem was finally found to be a loose coax connection in a box above the belly cover where the cable comes from the UDC to the back, then out the side frame and up into the entertainment slide. I had reception problems with both satellite and cable - each has a cable running from UDC into that box. Each was not properly connected to cables running from that box to the entertainment center.