Chapter Leader Resignation

Hudson

We are changing our roles too...

Even though a new leader for the Virginia Chapter has not been named, Tracy and I have talked it over rather seriously and have decided that after three years we are stepping down from the [honorary] position of wagon master of the chapter. (Wagon Master is not actually an "ongoing position" anyway so we've all been kind of misusing that term. But in the end it's still the same ... the thing we were doing with creating and running chapter rallies every year: whatever you want to call it, that's what we're stepping down from.)

It makes a lot of sense really. If someone new is chosen as next chapter leaders, then they are entitled to do things the way they feel is best. It would allow a clean start into the next age of the chapter.

We're saying this now: before the next leader is named. That's because our decision to step back from doing rallies is absolutely not based upon whoever might be picked next. I'm sure we'll love the new chapter leaders -- even if it's us :)

(Of course if we get chosen then we'll do rallies, but still make sure others have the chance to do rallies too ... in the true style of what wagon master is supposed to be: a position that changes from one rally to the next.)

happycampernc

Re: We are changing our roles too...

Hudson, please tell me that you, Tracy and Emma will still be coming to the rallies. We like having someone that is around our age and Sara's age too.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Gus and Debra, Sorry to hear of your decision (but completely understand it) you two made great chapter leaders. Thank you for making my first Virginia Rally we attended this year a great experience. The group is definately lossing great leaders but you will always be in our thoughts and prayers as you go into your next chapter as care givers. Please keep us posted and remember we are all just a post away if you need anything.

Hudson

Hudson, please tell me that you, Tracy and Emma will still be coming to the rallies. We like having someone that is around our age and Sara's age too.

Fear not, we aren't going away ... but from now on we'll just be attending rallies rather than planning them. We try to get along with all ages since everyone has a different take on things. But it is nice to spend time with people our own age. It is especially important for children to have other kids their own age to play with at rallies. (There aren't too many kids in this club are there? But that makes them all the more special I suppose.)

Now that we are free from having to do Virginia's rallies, we are probably going to try to get to more non-Virginia rallies too. So far we have focused on the SE region. We are probably going to be doing more NE rallies and perhaps some out west too. In fact, we are trying really hard to figure out if we can make the NE regional rally in NY. We will pretty much have to drive there straight through from Orlando -- passing within a mile of our house without stopping there... Time will tell.

happycampernc

Glad to hear that you guys will be able to enjoy the rallies instead of having to plan them out. We were in NY two weeks ago. Popped two tires on the camper it sucked because we couldn't get the kind that was on the camper and these ones cost more too. Got home with no problems.