Red Max Pro on a Fiver!! WOW!!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Okay, inquiring minds would like to know. Was this just to spiff it up to sell or trade?

I can't help but notice it looks as if you have ordered a LM. (after all that work)

I was hoping to get some feedback on how this finish holds up after it's been on there awhile. Trace

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Actually, had no idea we would be able to buy a Landmark....did the refinish job really thinking we would keep the Bighorn...our situation changed and we went for the upgrade.

As for how it holds up, we researched the process a long time. There is a huge thread on RV.net and quite a few have had this on for several years, and it has held up great. Once it's on, you only need to wash it with mild detergent (dawn) and then apply a new coat or two...

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Okay, inquiring minds would like to know. Was this just to spiff it up to sell or trade?

I can't help but notice it looks as if you have ordered a LM. (after all that work)

I was thinking the same thing.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I remember that someone on here used a product to clean their roof and got it at Dollar General or some place like that. Anyone remember who it was or what product it was?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Michael it might have been something called Awesome that I have used when the bugs on the front cap get really bad. Then I follow it with Rejex to make the trailer shine. I've never used anything but Dawn on the roof.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I remember that someone on here used a product to clean their roof and got it at Dollar General or some place like that. Anyone remember who it was or what product it was?
We've used Dollar General's version of Comet to clean our roof. Seems to do a good job and cheaper than the real thing.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Keep in mind many cleaners used on the roof will leave marks on the sides of the unit when the rinse water runs off of the roof and down the sides. There are some such as Dawn that will remove the wax as well so be prepared to wash the entire rig following the roof cleaning. You may (probably will) have to rewax as well.

mobilcastle

You did a super job on your rig! I plan to do the same thing-I am not looking forward to the cleaning part. Did you use TSP to wash off the Bar Keeper or Dawn? Thanks for the info.
Steve

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You did a super job on your rig! I plan to do the same thing-I am not looking forward to the cleaning part. Did you use TSP to wash off the Bar Keeper or Dawn? Thanks for the info.
Steve

We used the TSP to wash off the Dawn before applying.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Steve

TSP is used after the Bars Keeper and before washing with Dawn....make sure to rinse everything profusely!! Remember, after applying Red Max Pro (Zep)...NEVER wax...will ruin the finish. If it dulls, simply wash with Dawn, rinse and apply another coat or two of RMP or Zep.