would it be ok to modify my storage area under my bighorn fifthwheel

n2snow2

:confused: i have a bighorn 33rl took out screws that hold the false wall in storage area to see whow to mount a tv theres about 2 foot of carpeted space there and no studs or anything that holds this piece of plywood up im thinking can i frame this in put a 2x6 there and mount my flat screen mount there and it would be solid and i would have another 2 foot of storage would i have any problems with my warranty ......

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
:confused: i have a bighorn 33rl took out screws that hold the false wall in storage area to see whow to mount a tv theres about 2 foot of carpeted space there and no studs or anything that holds this piece of plywood up im thinking can i frame this in put a 2x6 there and mount my flat screen mount there and it would be solid and i would have another 2 foot of storage would i have any problems with my warranty ......
If I understand your question, part 1, you want to put a TV mount in the basement? Part 2 would be increased storage. Right?
TV mount is no problem. Increased storage is no problem either. Just keep your weight limitations in check. More storage, more stuff, more weight.

n2snow2

thanks you are correct part 1 and part 2 is this dead space there for a reason my wife seems to think its for air return this is my first camper so im new to all this and this plywood is free standing i would think framing this in would make it more stable .............

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
DH just built framing for the panels...much better, and we can now securely hang items on them if we choose.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
It shouldn't have any effect on warranty. The wall is not load bearing and the addition of a TV mount is a normal modification. There was a man in our club that opened up a huge area behind the wall for more storage.

jcarnevale

thanks you are correct part 1 and part 2 is this dead space there for a reason my wife seems to think its for air return this is my first camper so im new to all this and this plywood is free standing i would think framing this in would make it more stable .............
Post up some pictures of your project when you're done :cool: