Window EZ Gutter

PapaMikey

A little history first... I have an MPG 181 with front and rear windows. I have had problems after our last winter rains with the rear window leaking from time to time, so I took it into the dealer. The dealer found that the seal around the glass had failed, so they took the glass out and fixed it. During our summer vacation, it rained where we were in NE Oregon. This time, it was dripping inside at the top of the frame. I thought that I would have to take it back to the dealer and have them replace the entire window. BUT, I thought to myself, why wouldn't the rain gutter systems work if it is installed above the front & rear windows to channel the water coming off of the roof. I looked around the internet when I got home and found something called EZ RV Gutter. It requires no drilling (which is nice) and it installs easily. I ordered 10 feet of it to install on the front and rear window frames. The instructions state to have a nice clean surface before applying the gutter and once you have it on, it is not recommended to remove and replace. Once you have it on, it is on to stay. I have attached photos of my before and after windows and hope that others will find this helpful.

Attachments

• Rear Window (Before).jpg
    Rear Window (Before).jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 95
  • Rear Window EZ Gutter 3.jpg
    Rear Window EZ Gutter 3.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 106
  • Front Window (Before).jpg
    Front Window (Before).jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Front Window (After).jpg
    Front Window (After).jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 95
  • EZ Gutter Brochure.jpg
    EZ Gutter Brochure.jpg
    776.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

kb0zke

Thanks for the tip! Keep us posted as to how it holds up over time. I'm particularly interested in how it stands up to the wind of travel.

jnbhobe

wouldn't it be better to put it on the fiberglass side above the window so there are no leaks behind the window frame.

PapaMikey

Thanks for the tip! Keep us posted as to how it holds up over time. I'm particularly interested in how it stands up to the wind of travel.

Chances are they will stay in place. The 3M pad that holds the gutters in place is pretty good and even if I tried at the moment, I do not think I could get them off without a heat gun. We will see how our summer heat and sun does for them. I will let you know too how they work for us.

PapaMikey

wouldn't it be better to put it on the fiberglass side above the window so there are no leaks behind the window frame.

Yes, I thought about putting them on the fiberglass around the window frame, but elected this time to put the gutters on the frame itself. I will see how it works on the frame for now and if it does not do the job, I will order some more gutter and put it on the fiberglass panel above the window frame (with the help of a heat gun).