Stolen '12 Cyclone 3010

10Ring

Our 2012 Cyclone 3010 was stolen out of the Camping World lot while getting warranty work done last Thurs. The Camping World is located in Lake City, Fl. I have spoken with the manager a couple times now and today he told me that another break-in attempt happened over the weekend. Our 5th wheel was there for over a month. I am not sure that there is anything we could have done to prevent this but take precautions. We had a lot of personal things in there. We are bummed.

Posted for SA.

danemayer

10Ring,

I'm sorry to hear this. My DW calls our Rushmore our "little house on wheels" and I can't imagine how we would feel if it were stolen.

I hope Camping World will try to make you whole.

dougw

Sorry for your loss but how or why would anyone drive up and steel a 5th wheel? (dont take that as i dont beleive you) Where could some one take a big trailer to? I could possibly see taking it to some remote location in the woods to hunt from but florida?....

No security cameras at C.C.? Hope they find your rig soon.

10Ring

This is all very recent. No cameras. The manager at camping world said he'd replace my unit or whatever I want at cost. I am insured so we'll see how this pays out.

The Camping World in right on the I-75 / I-10 intersection. This trailer is either deep in the woods cooking meth or in Mexico by now. The manager said that the tracks left indicated that they were looking for something specific -- we had a generator -- He told me that the hit iooked planned -- cut fence -- only one unit taken.

It was a cyclone -- looks like they took the best one. If you see a Cyclone with a 38th Rescue Squadron sticker on the back -- its mine.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Is this is a first (for the forum, that is)? I've heard many times about break-in's stealing electronics, etc., and been a victim myself. But I don't recall hearing about the entire rig being stolen.

wdk450

Another argument for pin locks (unless camping world required you NOT use them so that they could move your rig for service).

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Is this is a first (for the forum, that is)? I've heard many times about break-in's stealing electronics, etc., and been a victim myself. But I don't recall hearing about the entire rig being stolen.

John... A North Trail (32 buds, if I remember correctly) was stolen out of a storage lot around Christmas time near here, and the Sheriff said that they are taking them out in the country and using them for meth labs. When they're done they set them on fire and move on. It was posted on the forum.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Do you have any pics of your rig,??There are lots of eyes here in the forum!!

We are always keeping an eye out for other HL products out there.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Sorry to hear about your Cyclone. You don't want it back now if they find it, but it would be nice to have your personal stuff back.

I looked up the squadron and found this. Is this what the stickers look like. If so which one did you put on the trailer.
38th Rescue Squad, Looks like you are part of a great group. Thanks for your service.
The 38th Rescue Squadron (38 RQS) is part of the 347th Rescue Group at Moody Air Force Base, Georgia. It operates various fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft conducting search and rescue missions.

38th Rescue Squad 1.jpg 38th Rescue Squad 2.jpg

BC

TXBobcat

Fulltime
When I looked up the squad I found this photo and was wondering which one was you?

38th Rescue Squad.jpg

Oh to be young again...

BC

jcarnevale

No camera's at camping world, really? That's sad. A business like that with lame security. I75 has camera's up and down it, to bad the police don't use them. Sorry about your loss, the bright side of it is no one was hurt. Could of been different if you were in the rig sleeping. Keep us posted on the outcome.
PS: I think 38RQS should be a Heartland model number!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
A few years back while working as a LE Officer we recovered several stolen RVs at deer leases deep in the woods. Tip was given by another deer hunter. One of them had been in the spot for several years.

10Ring

I don't have any pics that would distinguish the 5th wheel from any other Cyclone 3010 HD. The sticker on the back is the 1st one posted here. That is the official emblem according to the AF historians. I put it on the bottom left corner of the ramp.

As far as the Crossfit pic -- I am not in it. My guys and I go everyday to that gym (Crossfit Valdosta). In fact the gym has that picture hanging on the wall.

At this point I hope we do not get the 5th wheel back. We will probably buy another Cyclone after this next deployment. We'll see.

I think Camping World should accept some liability on this as well. The papers I signed after dropping it off do not specify theft of the unit. They did offer to get me a replacement at cost.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I think Camping World should accept some liability on this as well. The papers I signed after dropping it off do not specify theft of the unit. They did offer to get me a replacement at cost.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I hope someone finds it.

It seems, if they are offering to get you one at cost, that is an admission of at least some culpability.
I think Camping World should accept ALL the responsibility, of any cost to you. They should also pay your deductable. At least for the rig. (Unless there was a disclaimer in the paperwork you signed)

Except for maybe your personal items on your homeowners insurance, I don't believe it should be your insurance issue. JMHO

This same thing happened to a friends car a while back. Stolen while at the dealer for service.
They went back and forth for awhile and I believe the dealer ended up paying for it. It was determined the dealer was negligent in making an effort to protect the customers cars. (something like no cameras, gates, can't remember?) Trace

Last edited: