2013 Iowa Rally Planning Discussion

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I am starting to plan a Chapter Rally for Iowa for October 2013 during the Octoberfest events. The rally will be at the Amana Colonies RV Park but the dates have not been set yet. As soon as the event is set, an event will be listed on the forum. This announcement is just for a heads-up about the plans.

I am trying to find someone to take over as Chapter Leader in Iowa, so if you have any interest, please let me know.

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Re: Iowa Rally-2013

I am starting to plan a Chapter Rally for Iowa for October 2013 during the Octoberfest events. The rally will be at the Amana Colonies RV Park but the dates have not been set yet. As soon as the event is set, an event will be listed on the forum. This announcement is just for a heads-up about the plans.

I am trying to find someone to take over as Chapter Leader in Iowa, so if you have any interest, please let me know.

We will definitely have to put this on our calendar as we were at the one and only Iowa rally there and had a great! time. Wonderful idea!

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired

What luck.... Amy has been wanting to go to the Amana Colonies for over a year now. We will definitely keep an eye on this one for next fall. Take care guys!!!

dglatta

We'll be keeping an eye on this one too. We had a great time at the last (and only) Iowa rally.

jayc

I'll be working on this rally for next year, so I'll keep everyone in mind when the time comes. Thanks for responding.

jimtoo

The line is out and baited.... waiting.... ohhmmm ... a nibble??? Did you feel a nibble Jay?...

jayc

Jim, I can feel the tugging...

Ray, I'll add you and Lin to the list as soon as I can make the arrangements and get the rally scheduled.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

Something to consider when scheduling the rally is the University of Iowa home football schedule.
Currently the Fall 2013 schedule for October has home games listed for October 5, and 26.

The home games bring much traffic and many people to the area. It is really something to consider so that those that wish to explore the area are aware that a home game may be played in Iowa City and could result in some traffic delays.

Here is a link to the schedules.
http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/future-schedules.html

jbeletti

Looks like Oktoberfest is the last weekend of September this year and likely the same for 2013. Hawkeyes are away at Minnesota that weekend.

codycarver

Something to consider when scheduling the rally is the University of Iowa home football schedule.
Currently the Fall 2013 schedule for October has home games listed for October 5, and 26.

The home games bring much traffic and many people to the area. It is really something to consider so that those that wish to explore the area are aware that a home game may be played in Iowa City and could result in some traffic delays.

Here is a link to the schedules.
http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/future-schedules.html

Seems to me someone thinking that far ahead would make great chapter leader.

jayc

Dave, I like the way you think...

I have learned that the Octoberfest weekend is the last weekend in September. I will be in contact with the park to see what I can firm up and will announce the event as soon as I can get this done.

olcoon

ZZZIIIIINNNNNNGGGGG, Jay wake up, you've got a big one hooked!!!!!!!! I talked to the Supreme Power & was advised we'd like to go!!! So include us in the group.

codycarver

Must have caught her between captures. Sure is nice being back where you have bars huh Sally???

olcoon

Sally says you've got that right Dave! I assume you were talking about cell phone bars??? If Bernie goes, we'll have to leave a week early!

codycarver

Yup!! thought about that after I posted it what with the fireball and all. 3/4G would have worked better but you figured it out.

Safe travels

jayc

Roy, as soon as I get the rally event posted, you'll be on it! Thanks!

jayc

Well, I spoke with a gentleman at the Amana Colonies park today and learned that the Octoberfest will be celebrated on the weekend of October 4-6th. He said that if there is a football game in Iowa city, it wouldn' be a problem as they are about 20 miles away. The lady that actually takes care of rallies is out today, but she will call me back when she returns and I will get all the details and post the event.