ATF: Trail Runner - trailrunner steps 2 step to 3 step direct replacement ????

oldmannj

I just recently purchased a 2011 28RKS. with the height of the threshhold and just 2 step entry it's difficult for my wife to get in the trailer. I was wondering if heartland could provide me with the manufacturer, or possibly even make available for purchase a set of triple steps for the unit. All the aftermarket stair sets are too wide at 27 1/2 " the set on the trailer is approx. 25". I could call in a fabricator, vbut that wouldn't be cost effective for me. Is there anything I can do other than reposition the supports??? Thanks in advance for your help. ED

danemayer

Re: ATF: North Country - trailrunner steps 2 step to 3 step direct replacement ????

Hi oldmannj,

Heartland product managers try to monitor ask the factory posts but don't always see every one. I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service directly at 877-262-8032. Have your Vin # handy.

You might also want to pose the question to your dealer. Dealers usually have large parts catalogs where they can source things like this.

And of course, another owner may have an answer for you.

oldmannj

Re: ATF: North Country - trailrunner steps 2 step to 3 step direct replacement ????

Unfortunately Dan, I'm already the proud owner of a set of steps that won't work. Everything I've found is 27 inches and the 'runner has a 25" opening. I have by the looks of it 2 choices find this manufacturer or get the steps welded in place locally. All the catalogs say 24" step but, that's the step itself not counting the frame. You have to look at diagrams b4 you discover the error of your ways LOL. Thanks for taking the time I appreciate it. ED

pegmikef

I just made a carpeted box about step high. Last thing in in the door and first thing out when we move. Works well and dependent on the terrain a couple of times we haven't needed in.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Got to Wally World and buy a short fold up step. We have one and it works great. One 6"-8" high would work.

oldmannj

Thanks for all the great advice folks. After closer inspection the retrofit shouldn't be as problematic as I first thought. AND to top it off I have a friend whose brother in law is a welder. SOOOOOOO... cost should be relatively low as well. No I didn't just admit that I'm gonna be doing some unauthorized welding on the trailer :rolleyes: (just in case the factory reps are paying attention LOL) Thanks for all the great advice. I love this site. You guys have all been helpful in here. ED