Roof Cleaning?

sbuckman

Do you 'clean' your rubber roof? If so what product do you use and how often? We purchased a used 3795 and there are some ugly brown stains on the roof sides and was wondering if there was a way to clean the roof 'safely' and reduce the stains?

Niles

We went to a seminar about cleaning roofs and the guy from Dicor roof said washing it and keeping it clean made it last a lot longer. With that he also talked about all the product out there to clean roofs and said that one of the best is Dawn dish soap. I have washed our roof with it and a mop and had great results. Simple and easy, other than getting on the roof itself. I'm sure there are other products that will do just as good, the big thing is to just keep it clean.

sjs731

I use the Dicor roof cleaner and then mop on the Dicor UV protector/roof conditioner. I may have to give Dawn dish soap a try now though.

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOTTOYS

We had a park trailer that sat on a seasonal site for 10 years, Winter and Summer. Never once washed the roof. Didn't seem to make any difference. We haven't washed the roof on our fiver yet it's almost 2 years old. I might have it done if I can find find someone to do it. I'm getting older and not as steady as I once was. Climbing up on a wet slippery roof is no place for me...Don

donr827

I have used Simple Green for the past 8 years with good results. It will remove the wax from the sides of the trailer if you do not hose it down while washing the trailer.
Don

sbuckman

Thanks everyone for the awesome responses! I have a fear of heights myself so I think this is an item to go on my honey-do list!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you do not want to wash it yourself I would suggest you try one of the mobile detailing services that prowl the RV parks. Most of them will do a decent job of detailing the RV for anywhere from $75 - $250 depending on what you get them to do. Look in the park sitemap at the advertisers to find one, or ask the park management for a recommendation.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Another vote for Dawn.

I wash the roof with a soft brush on a pole, at least every 4-6 months with Dawn.

I spot clean with the Camco rubber roof cleaner (Wallyworld) on stubborn stains, before using the Dawn. Trace