How Big is My Garage?

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I've been wondering since we bought the Cyclone 3850 a few months ago just what would fit. We bought it specifically to haul the HD Ultra Classic. I found out this morning we can also bring along another form of transport.
(Tie downs will be used on all corners of each...the picture is just to show available space)

Attachments

• DSC01508.jpg
    DSC01508.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 94

NWILSON

Boy you gotta be careful or you'll scuff up that fine looking Harley ! Not good !
chaseb
Actually, there is more space available than it appears. The golf cart has about 4 inches to move left once loaded and the back of the bike can move to the right a couple inches too. There is enough space to load or unload either one without having to do it in sequence. The first time I haul them together though, I will put padding in between just in case.
The big thing is I can haul them together as we have a couple trips coming up where we can use both!

porthole

Retired
I've been wondering since we bought the Cyclone 3850 a few months ago just what would fit. We bought it specifically to haul the HD Ultra Classic. I found out this morning we can also bring along another form of transport.
(Tie downs will be used on all corners of each...the picture is just to show available space)

been there - done that :cool:

If you are open for suggestions: I would suggest a bike chock that will allow the bike to stand on it's own, then you can put it close to the wall.

Before you drill any holes - don't forget the ramp. You could probably set the bike so that the rear tire is just ahead of the floor storage bins and you will clear the ramp when it is closed (tourpak).

The cart will run over the supplied floor tie down ring in the center. That means you can't tie the bike down to it until after the cart is in.
I added ATB (beveled aluminun aircraft track) to the sides, center, front and rear. The center track is offset to clear the cart tires.
Just finished adding two pieces this week. Ill post the pics later.

I keep the cart and the bike as close to the outer walls as possible to be able to squeeze between them.

I also added a small, remote control winch to the front left corner in case of "whatever reason", I can't get the stuff in the trailer

Watch the ramp when wet.

My garage is only 10' and there is a cabinet I put in at the front where the cart is. That is why it is as back as far as it.

If you add a back seat to the cart, watch when backing out - entering. The rear step would hit sometimes so much so that the cart would lose traction.
I made some brackets and raised the step to be even with the top of the bumper. Plenty of clearance now.

Attachments

• Cart-Bike_garage.jpg
    Cart-Bike_garage.jpg
    451.6 KB · Views: 58

NWILSON

Porthole, thanks for the tips!
I already have a Pro chock but have learned that without proper securing the bike can still lean a bit especially if the back tire is able to hop around. Installing some sort of E-track is going to be important not just for the bike and cart but I am also hauling antique Hit n Miss engines when the bike's not on board. They can be quite difficult to tie down properly too.
Thanks again!

scottyb

I discovered that my 12' garage isn't really 12". My 4010 Trans Mule is 10' 10" and only fits with about 1" on each end. The 3 season enclosure reduces it by a good 6" but it is still well short of the 12" Probably more like 11' 6" of usable length.

porthole

Retired
The bike should never lean, wheel chock or not. It needs to be balanced, and the rear wheel needs to not hop around.

The ATB I use costs more, but I like it over the E-track. Personal preference.