Fresh Water Hose

bighorn3370

How long do you keep a fresh water hose? When I asked at the dealer, I was told two years. The ones I have do not leak. They hold their shape, so I think they are fine, but I'd like some other opinions. Thanks! Ernie

aatauses

We keep ours about one year. (We are full timers) Others have told me after about 6 months they flush theirs with a bleach solution.
al
currently in Kenai, AK

jnbhobe

I've had mine for years, we just keep them clean. I still have part of a roll I bought to make up my own.

Birchwood

Mine usually blows after a year.The current one has a bulge so its almost time to replace.Never thought about it otherwise
but maybe I should.

MTPockets

I see no reason to replace a hose that's functioning well... We never replaced the pipes in our house... The lines delievering water to the spigot don't get replaced unless they break....

caissiel

I have 2 hoses that been bought in 98. Still look like new.
I store them sealed both ends together.

Revised

I bought a 10ft hose 2 years ago and in 2 weeks I had to refit the connections. So product quality not always best.

Last edited:

bighorn3370

Thanks, everyone. I am similar to you, caissiel, I have had mine since 2002. I am not full-time, I'm a weekend warrior and one or two weeks a year. I also keep them sealed both ends and bring them inside in the winter. I just hate to spend money on something that is working fine. Ernie

TXBobcat

Fulltime
A few years ago a friend told me to go to the RV Water Filter Store and have a 36ft hose made and I will never need another one. This I did but just to be sure I had a 15ft hose made also. To this date I have never used the 15ft hose to connect to any shore water. I did stay in a friends driveway for a week and had to use a hose to go to a faucet on his house. I use a Watts regulator, two inline filters and a pressure gage on the shore water faucet.

The hoses are nonkink, pressure tested to 120psi, will not buldge in hot weather, either brass or stainless steel hardware. I have had these hoses for a number of years and have no intension to replace them. I did get 2 5ft hoses so I could run from my water connection inside the trailer to a regulator and water filter then to the shore water with the main hose. The second 5ft hose is to use when the campgrounds put faucet inside a pipe, tube or box deep in the ground to keep it from freezing. This is where I connect my water pressure gage to the shore water faucet when not on a normal post above ground.

Thats what we do..
BC

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Like TXBobcat, I bought a hose from RV Water Filter Store, except I got a 50ft. one. Sturdy stainless steel fittings, not cheap brass. For the cost, that puppy better outlive the trailer. To keep it off the ground, as much as possible, I use a hose stand next to the rig and coil the excess on it. Makes for less sand/dirt to clean off when breaking camp.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Hey Bob (TXBobcat)... Just curious what the basis is for 36'? Why not 35 or 37 or 40?
Thanks
Bret

GOTTOYS

I flush mine every year with bleach at the start of the Summer season. Never had one blow ever. I use a regulator at the standpipe so the pressure in my hose is reduced. Never had a reason to replace any of them. Some have lasted over 10 years...Don

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
All of us who have built our own filter systems why do we have to use RV hose to the filter? Every drop of water that goes in my 5er is filtered to include the holding tank and the Black-water Flush. I will be building a bypass for the flush I've got the stuff just haven't got the round tuit. I use RV hose from the filter to the 5er so that the filtered water doesn't get a hose taste but was using a roll-up flat hose until I ran over it and it burst on me in Gillette. I ordered and just got in the X-hose and will be trying it. We are parked at the In-Laws and I'm running from the well to the filters with a garden hose. Water taste great.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
All of us who have built our own filter systems why do we have to use RV hose to the filter? Every drop of water that goes in my 5er is filtered to include the holding tank and the Black-water Flush. I will be building a bypass for the flush I've got the stuff just haven't got the round tuit. I use RV hose from the filter to the 5er so that the filtered water doesn't get a hose taste but was using a roll-up flat hose until I ran over it and it burst on me in Gillette. I ordered and just got in the X-hose and will be trying it. We are parked at the In-Laws and I'm running from the well to the filters with a garden hose. Water taste great.

I use a Y on the shore faucet. Quick connect a pressure gage. Quick connect the water hose. Quick connect to the water filters. Quick connect to the regulator, Quick connect to the trailer in the UDC.
To wash the trailer, flush the black tank or any other use I use the other side of the Y on the shore faucet and quick connect a seperate hose which I never use for fresh water service.

BC