Looking at a Trail Runner 26 SLE

Mainerunr

Well, actually, the wife went to look at it last night, now we are waiting for a call back to finalize the deal. I do find it a bit odd that they told us how much they would give us for our Viking popup sight unseen, hopefully they dont play any games.

Hoping for all to go well since we have a trip planned for labor day weekend. I've never towed anything larger than the popup so 30 miles home saturday is all the learning time I get before friday's trial by fire in labor day traffic...I expect to be passed often as I don't intend to be following traffic at 80mph.

Last edited:

oldmannj

You don't mention what you'll be towing with. I assume you have enough truck to compensate for the extra weight. Be careful of sway mostly due to the height and length of the trailer and outside forces such as passing trucks. If you have a weighdistribution hitch with anti sway this should be minimal. Talk to the folks at the dealer and have them set up the hitch while your doing your PDI. As far as the sight unseen pricing is concerned, any reputable dealer will stand behind their number as long as you weren't fibbing too badly when you described your present unit. This is the same thing I did and everything went flawlessly. I love my trailrunner , and I'm sure you will too. Happy trails and congrats on your purchase!!!

Mainerunr

You don't mention what you'll be towing with. I assume you have enough truck to compensate for the extra weight. Be careful of sway mostly due to the height and length of the trailer and outside forces such as passing trucks. If you have a weighdistribution hitch with anti sway this should be minimal. Talk to the folks at the dealer and have them set up the hitch while your doing your PDI. As far as the sight unseen pricing is concerned, any reputable dealer will stand behind their number as long as you weren't fibbing too badly when you described your present unit. This is the same thing I did and everything went flawlessly. I love my trailrunner , and I'm sure you will too. Happy trails and congrats on your purchase!!!

Our TV is a 2011 F150, the dealer installed and set up the WDH while we did the paperwork. Towing home went smoothly.