Elkridge Front leveling jacks and the length of time to lower or raise RV

jeffepple

We just bought a 2013 FLPS and compared to our 2007 Denali that we had it seems like it takes a long time for the jacks to raise the front of the RV. It also sounds like theres a lot of stress on it moving it up. Does anyone else have the same issue? Just trying to make sure that there isnt something wrong here before we go out on our first major trip with it this weekend.

noobee

Re: Front leveling jacks and the length of time to lower or raise RV

Possibly more weight and/or smaller motor.

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders

I have an 08 bighorn and they too are slow and make strange noises. No problems though they get the job done but at a snails pace.Just don' suck them up to far or over extend them, this will create many problems such as stripped gears etc.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

We just bought a 2013 FLPS and compared to our 2007 Denali that we had it seems like it takes a long time for the jacks to raise the front of the RV. It also sounds like theres a lot of stress on it moving it up. Does anyone else have the same issue? Just trying to make sure that there isnt something wrong here before we go out on our first major trip with it this weekend.
I give up! What is an FLPS?
The problem may be related to a weak battery. Not fully charged. Another thing to check is that the bolts that hold the gear motor halves together. Since this is a new rig, I would mention your concerns to your dealer.

TXBobcat

Fulltime

Does the Elkridge have Electric Landing Gears?? I thought Heartland had gone to Hydraulic.

BC

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bob, I think they still use electric. Ours is slow, and can make some popping sounds raising off the truck. The front living floorplan probably has a pretty heavy pin-weight, so that may put more stress on the motor. If you are concerned, it would be good under warranty have your dealer check it out. Some folks have upgraded to two motors for the front landing gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk