Toilet brush woes...

gpshemi

Getting ready to leave the Michigan Rally on Sunday, and we were doing some last minute cleaning. While scrubbing the toilet, the end of the brush fell off in a blink of an eye. It went perfectly down the hole and out of sight almost before I knew what could happen, and certainly before I got out my first four letter word. :mad:

Someone please PLEASE tell me that if it goes down the hole it should come out the hose. :confused:

jbeletti

Oops!

Depends on how big it is. The hole is around 3". If it doesn't come out, you may have to flush the tank as clean as possible, then disconnect the discharge line at the tank to fish it out from there. If the gate valve is mounted to the tank, consider removing it and move it out a short distance using a piece of pipe and a coupler.

Best of luck.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If it does get stuck in the outlet of the tank, you might be able to fish it out with a drain snake...after draining as much liquid as possible.

RoadJunkie

Perhaps a long, rigged, wire with a tri-barbed hook attached would allow you to snag the offending piece? It's likely to be a fishing exercise, but biting my tongue on further comment.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Perhaps a long, rigged, wire with a tri-barbed hook attached would allow you to snag the offending piece? It's likely to be a fishing exercise, but biting my tongue on further comment.

And who was the clown that introduced the group to the term, "sewer trout?"

kkamshop

I feel your pain, I recently had the end of my toilet brush break off in my house toilet - ended up having to pull the toilet up and snake it through the base to come out the bottom!

I'm still waiting for the bill from the plumber on that one...

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

We certainly don't want anyone thinking "sewer trout". Oops, too late...:eek: John beat me to it.

gpshemi

Well porthole, we won't know for sure there's a problem till after the holiday weekend. However, I get the impression you're almost hoping for it so you have good reading. :cool:

porthole

Retired
Well porthole, we won't know for sure there's a problem till after the holiday weekend. However, I get the impression you're almost hoping for it so you have good reading. :cool:

No way - wouldn't wish that on anyone!
I'm sure though, many here will be waiting to see how you end up with this. And no doubt, more then one of us will be checking the brush to handle attachment on a regular basis from now on.

Time for a Cycolonscopy.....//heartlandowners.org/images/smilies/eek.png

Good one!

SilverRhino

Checked our toilet brush this morning......Went right into the trash!

Stopped on the way home and bought an "el cheapo" that is one piece. This evening had my wife read this thread and explained to her just how important it was for the brush to never fall into the tank.......Of course I will be attaching a 6 foot length of cable to the handle so I will be able to pull it out should she forget! :rolleyes:

gpshemi

Well SiverRhino, I'm glad my little story has prevented this from happening to anyone else if nothing else.

With that said, a little UPDATE for all those watching to see how this would play out ---

I'm VERY happy to say it appears to be uneventful. The whole famn damily (11 in all) stayed in the camper this holiday weekend, and I dumped and flushed the black tank several times with no issues. So it's either passed with the same ease as it went down the toilet hole, thank god for small miracles, or appears to be laying harmlessly in the tank somewhere to never to be seen again.

In either event, it appears I will not be giving a Cycolonscopy. :D

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
GPSHEMI, Glad everything is OK so far. If it is laying in the tank somehwere, one of these days, it may just roll into a bad spot. Good Luck!;)

RoadJunkie

The brush obviously landed in "a hazard", so take two club lengths from the point of nearest relief, one stroke penalty, and play on! My wife says I play too much golf. The obstruction is likely someone else s problem, by now. We'll watch for it on some beach somewhere.