System Training For The Girls

ParkIt

Several CDL driving schools across the nation provide RV instruction for those who are willing sign up. One school in my area charge $100-200 for class room and hands on driving skills. I highly recommend these schools. It provides the instruction necessary to pass a Class A license and is good for all to attend-- nothing better than getting professional training before one hits the road.
Almost wish that was mandatory for anyone towing a bigger rig or behind the wheel of an MH and see more schools offer it as well.
I've come across some very scary and very scared drivers out there over the years, pretty sure they'd feel better if there was a class they could take before hitting the road.

Mizmary

I know it's stressful to learn. I have been avoiding learning for the past seven years. But this last time we moved the hubby had me do the hooking up. It's good to know how in an emergency. I'm not an idiot and I'm sure I - and anyone here could pull if you just go slow and steady at first until you get used to it. Which is exactly what I would do.

However, I am not okay with being required to take a class to tow before I tow. I'm not sure it would make a difference anyway. Supposedly most of the kids aged 28 and younger (in most states) have been required to take a drivers Ed course and have 40 hours of logged driving time before they got a full drivers license. I don't see any improvement in driving ability even with that. I think if you have a patient teacher (which can be difficult if you're teaching a spouse), that's all you need.

If I were at a rally and someone were teaching how the fundamentals of towing and hooking up I would go. Do I want to be required to before I can tow my rig in an emergency- ****, no.

wdk450

Mizmary:
If you are in an RVing emergency situation in which you would be called upon to do the driving on your rig, and you are not yet comfortable with that, I would suggest you look into the Good Sam Travel Assist Program, at 888-853-7333. They will provide a commercial driver to get your rig home, fly an ill/injured driver back home, fly a spouse/family member to or from the remote location, even return remains home if it comes to that.

Hi, I have to do most things, including driving, towing & backing as hubby is a disabled veteran, legally blind. Before our new Mallard we had a 2012 Rockwood Ultralite that I took to Valdosta, Ga for a Daylily function. Had a blast but had to break camp in the rain, oh well! Anyway, that included the sewer too. It's good for us to know all aspects of set up & break down.

Carol
2014 GMC Sierra
2018 Mallard M28

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk