Greystone 29BL vs. Sundance 3300RLB

gotlieb

My wife and I are looking for our first 5th wheel camper. We made the leap from pop-up to 5th wheel without the travel trailer step in-between. I have a truck that can pull either of these, so size only comes into play with my inexperience of pulling a 5er.

I'm looking for general feedback from owners of these particular models to see which one would suit our needs better. We currently have an 8 year old girl and a 3 month old boy and the 8 year old likes the idea of a loft. In the 3300RLB, the baby would end up sleeping on the air mattress hide a bed in the back.

Any insight would be helpful. Or if you know of any other Heartland campers in the same price range that would have a setup for kids, let me know (only want 1 bathroom and the 8 year old thinks that the single bunk bed is too small i.e need a double bed on top).

Thanks! Look forward to becoming a Heartland owner!

danemayer

Hi gotlieb,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. This is a great place to get your questions answered and share information in a friendly community of owners. I'm sure you'll get a lot of good advice shortly from Greystone and Sundance owners.

gotlieb

Anybody have any input on this? I've found a 2012 29BL that my wife likes. Only been able to find a couple for sale in the entire US online. The dealership I found one at is not close to us, so we can't look at it personally. Maybe there is a reason they have had it on the lot for over a year? The 3300RLB we are looking into is a used 2010 and they want more than the other dealership wants for the brand new 2012 29BL.

Is the Greystone that inferior to the Sundance? With 2 kids now and the possibility of a 3rd in the future, the Greystone seems better since it has the extra bunk. Just looking for someone to chat with about this. And I want to buy a camper that will cover our needs for the next 5-10 years. Thanks!

jbeletti

gotlieb,

There may be other differences as well, but some of the primary differences is that the Greystone takes Sundance up another notch in terms of appointments. They are built upon the same platform. So from a construction perspective, they are equal.