Water leak while slides are in.

Our unit (2012 BG 3650 RL)has been closed for the past two weeks, and it rained last week -(about an inch).
The floor by the dining table is wet. Not the slide out part- the carpet by the vinyl.
Any idea where I should start looking to find out where it is coming in at?
Any help is appecated.

Attachments

• _702.jpg
    _702.jpg
    636.9 KB · Views: 49

fast900

I just had the same issue on my big country loft. The rear slide trim was soaked when we got to the beach yesterday. Before leaving everything was shut and the trim was in the middle of the room. Good luck finding the source. I think mine came from a slide rubber that may not have been sealed very well allowing the water to crime by. Not sure how it did it with the slide in but that's my best guess.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Check for any gaps in the seals along the slide wall and roof, with the slide in. Also check the lower corner of the slide underneath to be sure there's no gap there. There is supposed to be a rubber piece there to protect against road spray getting tossed in there and track along the bottom corner of the slide. A heavy rain might have allowed it to run down and in there.

AnnR

Check your rubber slide seal all the way around to make sure it's not getting "tucked in" when you are putting the slide in our out. We have one corner on our front slide seal that gets tucked in when we put the slide out. We flip it up into its correct position then somehow it gets tucked in again when we put the slide in. We noticed it after finding a damp area on the floor in front of the sofa - where the carpet meets the vinyl- and searching old posts on here for a solution (thanks everyone!) Maybe it's something that we could have fixed before our warranty ends in a few months, but it's just become a 20 second part of our normal "opening and closing" routine - somewhere after turning on the water and before checking to see how much beer is left in the fridge from our last visit. :) No more leaks (knock on wood). I hope yours is this simple!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Yes but it is a good 3 to 3.5 feet from where wet floor was at.

If I'm envisioning your problem correctly, the water may be getting past the slide seals (while retracted) and coursing along the lower corner of the slide until it drips onto the floor.

If I'm envisioning your problem correctly, the water may be getting past the slide seals (while retracted) and coursing along the lower corner of the slide until it drips onto the floor.
When we left two weeks ago we checked seals, We arrived yesterday to find another puddle on the floor, this is getting tiresome. We like the unit, but the "issues" are starting to add up. I do appreicate all the ideas and thoughts.