If you're looking to buy...

Leanna66

Thanks David. I haven't been on here in a while either. First I was busy getting all the stuff together that I needed to take in the trailer. I've been on three campouts and having a great time with the MGP. Storage is challenging, but I'm changing things around as I go. It is working out good for me and my two dogs.

181bobkat

We just got home with our new MPG 181P and it is all packed to go camping next weekend at Hillborough River State Park in Florida. We have tent camped all our lives and decided to not rough it any more. Empty nesters does that to you. Does any one have any issues that you have had with your camper?

danemayer

We just got home with our new MPG 181P and it is all packed to go camping next weekend at Hillborough River State Park in Florida. We have tent camped all our lives and decided to not rough it any more. Empty nesters does that to you. Does any one have any issues that you have had with your camper?
Hi 181bobkat,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. If you need help, people will be here for you.

Enjoy your first trip not roughing it.

kb0zke

181bobkat, I think you have made an excellent choice for a first RV. We bought ours a few years after becoming empty nesters, too. After a few nights on the original mattress, though, we added a foam topper, and that help immensely. We used sleeping bags on the mattress and foam because making the bed in the 181 was just too hard. That was one "must" when we were looking for our Foretravel. We found the bathroom to be pretty cramped, but it sure beat going to the campground facilities in the middle of the night in a thunderstorm. I replaced the original stabilizing jacks with scissors jacks for more stability. Several people added them to the front, too.