Heading to PEI!

rick_debbie_gallant

Heading to PEI WITH THE BUXTONS from CO. we went to the Michigan rally with them. While there they says"come to PEI with us". So here we are in new Hampshire heading to Maine tomorrow. Did mt Washington today. What a grin. Later!

loafer

You will have a great time on PEI take the ferry over and come back on the bridge its a bit cheaper that way. We stayed at twin shore srv park in the north part. Lots to see and do Red soil (lots of iron in it )makes for some great potatoe growing soil.Its also the home of Anne of Green gables.
Love the state of Maine also . dont miss Acadia national park and Cadillac mountain (great views of the coast from up there)
Cambden Maine is a post card perfect sea side town with restored heritage homes and a river that runs under the main street of the town under buildings along main street and waterfalls into the harbour . The state park near Cambden is also wonderful .Also dont miss Bar harbour.
Lots to see and do to keep u occupied
have fun Bill

TXBobcat

Fulltime
If you're heading to PEI we enjoyed Marco Polo Campground, Cavendish PEI. While your there go to see the Anne of Green Gables and you can also visit the grave site of author Lucy Maud Montgomery. We bought our Granddaughter a nice Anne doll just a block from the theater. Lobster is good there also. We crossed on the bridge then use the ferry to NS.

In Maine, where we are now, we stayed at Pumpkin Patch in Hermon ME. Also found the Timberline acre in Trenton ME, good park and has very long sites in the back. Price is desent while many toward Bar Harbor want $70 per night. Bar Harbor Campgound is a first come first serve $44 a night campground. We are now in a nice little park, Sunset Point RV in Harrington ME.

If you like lobster in Bar Harbor there is Down East Lobster Pound on the left on the way to Bar Harbor from Timberland Acres RV Park.

BC

rick_debbie_gallant

Texbobcat, we are going to Timberline today. We are leaving sometime around 9 or 10 today and should be there in a few hours. Stay safe and see ya around!!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We are going to be here for a week also.. Just walked down to where your site is. How late do you stay up?

We got here this afternoon. Going to take the truck to Banogr tomorrow to have the Alternator & Batteries checked. Have been getting a low battery alarm on the truck.

Sent you an email from your profile.

BC

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Lets get some good Lobster this week and make JB jealous. :eek:

I know a good place to get a number of soft shell lobster then we can have a nice dinner at the campground.

Email me you're phone number...

BC

TXBobcat

Fulltime
@ Timberland Acres Trenton ME - Heading to PEI!

Well Good Morning... Thought you might like to see what it's like outside..

DSC_1743 [1024x768].JPG DSC_1744 [1024x768].JPG DSC_1745 [1024x768].JPG
DSC_1748 [1024x768].JPG DSC_1750 [1024x768].JPG

Looks like we are ready for a Mini Rally..

BC

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Re: @ Timberland Acres Trenton ME - Heading to PEI!

Boy, that's typical of mornings in Maine...Fog!! LOL...have a great trip guys!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Re: @ Timberland Acres Trenton ME - Heading to PEI!

Boy, that's a lot of water. Got a bit of rain recently, huh?

rick_debbie_gallant

Will do KA.

Tex, so that is what I heard all night, rain! Thanks for the pictures. Did you happen to wash my truck while u was taking pictures?

ANY OTHER HEARTLANDERS HERE IN THE BAR HARBOR MAINE AREA.

Perhaps we could have a mini RALLY.

Even if u are not a member or a SOB (Some Other Brand) u are still invited and check out some heartland models.

Sound good to u Tex?

dave10a

We loved NB, NS, PEI and Cape Brenton area. How much is the bridge toll for your rig from PEI these days? We stayed in NB and toured PEI because of toll shock. We stayed 2 weeks and found more to see than we had time to visit. The Lobsters and mussels are the best. We got some fresh ones as they were off-loading and had a real feast.

dave10a

Not sure what the fees are. I think zero going on but 57 something coming back. The don't get you one way but they sure do the other

We went from NB to PEI and took the Ferry from Wood Island to Pictou and had a great time. The Ferry for cars was about the same as the bridge but more enjoyable. Great area and watched many Scottish/Irish dance routines at various places. Great bunch of people who very proud of the heritage.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
http://www.confederationbridge.com/tolls-fees/tolls-fees.html

Tolls & Fees
Confederation Bridge tolls are charged based on a vehicle’s axle-count and are calculated for the round-trip, regardless of the user’s initial point of entry to Prince Edward Island. Bridge tolls are collected when leaving Prince Edward Island at the toll plaza in Borden-Carleton, PE. Cash, Interac, and all major credit cards are accepted.
Confederation Bridge tolls are tax-exempt.

2012 Toll Rates

Vehicles
First 2 Axles $44.25
Each Additional Axle $7.25
Motorcycle $17.75

Shuttle Service
Pedestrian $4.25
Cyclist $8.25

FAQs
How is the toll calculated for an RV towing a car?
Tolls are charged based on the number of axles on a vehicle. A two-axled RV would be charged the same amount as a car. An extra charge would be added for the additional axles of the tow car and/or trailer.

Is it possible to buy a season or frequent user pass that offers discounted toll rates?
The Confederation Bridge does not offer discounted passages in order to treat all customers fairly.

Is it necessary to reserve a spot for the crossing, as you would for a ferry?
The Confederation Bridge operates 24-hours a day, seven days a week. Reservations are not required.

I travelled to Prince Edward Island from Nova Scotia via the ferry and will be departing the Island via the Confederation Bridge. Where do I pay my fare for the ferry crossing?
Like Confederation Bridge, ferry fares are calculated for a round-trip and collected only when departing Prince Edward Island. Visitors who arrive on PEI via the ferry and depart via the Confederation Bridge will pay the bridge toll only, a savings of 37%* versus the alternative!

*percent savings based on Northumberland Ferries’ 2012 fare for vehicles up to 20’ in length

Do toll rates ever change?
Toll rates are reviewed on an annual basis and are adjusted on January 1 based on the rate of inflation.

FWIW
BC