Toshiba tv problems

n2snow2

I have a 2012 bighorn with a toshiba tv and Jensen DVD cd radio when your watching tv there's hardly any sound but if you watch DVD it sound fine anyone have this problem

Tanuki

Yep. I have a 2012 Big Country. Has a Genesis sound system ("surround sound" w/ 4 speakers)radio/CD/DVD. Toshiba TV. Couldn't hear the TV. Even with the volume all the way up, just a tinny cheapo sound. Hmmmm. Wait! Only little speaker on TV is working. Turns out Heartland doesn't connect the TV sound output to the surround sound system. You'll need to look on back of both devices. Hopefully, you have a digital audio out plug on TV and digital audio in on the Jensen. If not, you'll hopefully have RCA out/in options (red/white cables). Quick trip to the Shack and you'll be set. Can't understand why HL doesn't cable these @ factory! Couldn't cost more than $5 in volume buys. Just silly....

n2snow2

Yep. I have a 2012 Big Country. Has a Genesis sound system ("surround sound" w/ 4 speakers)radio/CD/DVD. Toshiba TV. Couldn't hear the TV. Even with the volume all the way up, just a tinny cheapo sound. Hmmmm. Wait! Only little speaker on TV is working. Turns out Heartland doesn't connect the TV sound output to the surround sound system. You'll need to look on back of both devices. Hopefully, you have a digital audio out plug on TV and digital audio in on the Jensen. If not, you'll hopefully have RCA out/in options (red/white cables). Quick trip to the Shack and you'll be set. Can't understand why HL doesn't cable these @ factory! Couldn't cost more than $5 in volume buys. Just silly....

It has the red yellow white plugs all hooked up but it won't go through the speakers checked be hind radio even got a sound bar it doesn't work with tv

danemayer

It has the red yellow white plugs all hooked up but it won't go through the speakers

Check that the red/white plugs on the TV are in the OUTPUT jacks and the other end at the surround sound are in the INPUT jacks.

You may have to go into the TV menu to turn the audio output ON. And you'll have to switch the surround sound to AUX or whatever your unit designates as the audio input from the RCA plugs.

wildwolfproducts

How long are you leaving it on to get the sound? Mine has to be on 4 and takes 45 seconds or a minute to get the sound. I thought mine was not working until I left it and was looking for the issue. Now I know to just set the Genesis sound system on the channel the TV runs through, then it works fine.
Pete

Tanuki

I think you'll find †hose red,white yellow (RCA) cables are the input from your DVD player's out jacks. But if you are watching over the air or cable on the TV the audio and video input is via the coax cable. It does not feed into your sound system at all. So you are stuck with audio over the TV's itty bitty speaker. Look for a distal audio out jack on TV and digital audio IN jack on the player. Short digital audio cable from Radio Shack/best buy and you should be set.