Roof and Floor Construction

SmokeyLuv

I've not seen a new Heartland Wilderness in person, planning to make the drive to my nearest dealer in a few weeks. I like what I am seeing online, however, not a lot of details on overall trailer construction. Reading reviews and talking to various dealers, seems that roof and floor construction is some of the most important factors in a trailer. I have not found many details.

The Wilderness roof is foam block insulation, but are the roof trusses made from aluminum or wood? Can the roofs be walked on for maintenance? Other key details known about the roof to prevent leaks, keep maintenance low, etc?

I've seen some Heartland reviews about spongy floors. Curious about Wilderness floor construction for these reasons.

danemayer

Hi SmokeyLuv,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find a lot of useful information here along with a bunch of friendly people willing to share what they know.

A Wilderness owner may jump in with answers soon, or you might call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. Identify yourself as a prospective Wilderness buyer and ask to speak with someone on the Wilderness team. (With the Hershey RV show, it's possible staffing at the factory might be thin for the next few days.)

Have you downloaded a Wilderness Brochure. On the Heartland site, spin the items on the right-hand side of the screen until you get to brochure download.

Gracie4Camping

SmokeyLuv, welcome to the forum! I own a Wilderness and love it. As for the floors and walls of the unit, I find it to be a very solid unit. When we visited a dealer they explained to us, if I member correctly, the foam block surrounds the entire RV. Our floors are very solid! I am not sure of the roof trusses though.

khasay

SmokeyLuv, welcome to the forum! I own a Wilderness and love it. As for the floors and walls of the unit, I find it to be a very solid unit. When we visited a dealer they explained to us, if I member correctly, the foam block surrounds the entire RV. Our floors are very solid! I am not sure of the roof trusses though.

I am quite certain that the unit is surrounded on all sides with aluminum framing. That includes the ceiling trusses.