Design Ideas--Satellite Antenna Connections

glbncb

I have a new 2013 33CK Greystone which we really like. In preparing the trailer for its first outing, I realized that there is no good place to install the Direct TV receiver near the satellite cable connection and TV. I bored holes in the shelving and installing the receiving on its side in the upper compartment. That is not an ideal solution but it works. Recommend that a shelf near the TV and cable connection be increased in depth sufficient to properly install the receiver.

nscaler2

Yes, we have seen many trailers and 5th wheels that have satellite connections but no where to put the satellite receiver. What is that all about? I guess the folks that design these things have never lived in one.

Sandie

Ours was barely big enough for our Dish receiver. Depth was fine but had to turn it almost side ways together it into our Elkridge compartment.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Must depend on which floorplan you have. In my older 3670, the DISH ViP 211k receiver sits nicely on top of the Samsung HD-20 DVD/FM receiver in the cabinet next to the main TV. The Samsung barely fits in it's spot, though.