EVENT: Heartland Owners Camp-Out: VA, Williamsburg - 11/30/2012 to 12/4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Well I have confirmed with the campground that we are the only "group" staying this coming weekend, and therefor we can have use of their meeting room. We can finalize when we are together, but I am thinking of using their facility for Friday night (dinner), Saturday morning (breakfast), and again Saturday evening (dinner). You are free to have dinner's in town (there are so many good restaurants) but for those staying at the campground this gives us the opportunity to be together and not be crowded. I am not thinking "pot luck" dinners at the campground, just bring your own food and we can eat together and socialize.
We are planning a joint breakfast for Saturday at 9:00am at the campground meeting room. We will bring a gallon of OJ plus a pound of sausage and Dorothy will make scrambled eggs. I will have a large coffee pot brewing. Think about what you would like to contribute. If John and Nancy are up for making french toast I know they would appreciate help and use of additional griddles.
While you are all thinking, what are your ideas for picnic type food for our outing on Sunday for the Grand Illumination. Everything we need will have to be carried in, so that includes your chair/blanket, food, drinks, etc. and of course yourselves. If we plan this right, we should be a lot lighter carrying stuff back when it is over:rolleyes:. As much as I would like to have a full 4 course meal, our thoughts for food are leaning towards sandwiches, or maybe a bucket of fried chicken. What are your ideas?
We plan to arrive at the campground around lunch time on Thursday. Please have a safe trip and we will see you all soon.

camperjohn08

I checked with the campground today... We will be on Site 51... just like last time.. Also.. we just got the fixings for french toast for breakfast Saturday morning.. and a few other goodies.. to eat.. also salsa and chips and cheese spread for the crackers at the wine tasting.. and a nice Clean Rig to Boot.. Now let the fun begin.. and Pray for lot's and Lot's of Sunny skies..:angel:
John & Nancy

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Debra and I will be arriving on Wednesday, around 5:00pm probably - hopefully before dark. Site 49.

boatto5er

Nice and quiet here this evening. Be glad to see more Heartlanders pulling in tomorrow. I swept everyone's sites off today (well, I watched the park guy clean them off with a leaf blower 😄). Temp down to 30 tonight, then it starts warming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatto5er

Got down to 28 last night. I disconnect the hose and ran off the fresh water tank just to be safe - no problems with water. Will hook the hose back up after it gets a little warmer outside :). Kept the fireplace on all night and set the furnace to 66. Stayed very comfortable. Dogs had to go out at 5:30 this morning - that was chilling! It'll be great to see a lot of folks arriving today!

boatto5er

John and Nancy arrived about an hour ago. Expect more folks to start pulling in soon. Let the partying begin!

vakthund

The Vikings would like to join the Whaling party on Saturday. Unfortunately, due to an illness, we do not know at this time whether we will have a party of 3, 4 or 5 vikings.

There will be 3 Vikings attending the Whaling exclusion.

---
One day I'll put something clever in here.

funlabs

Lots of food talk. Yum!! Dick and I will bring the griddle again for breakfast along with a pound of bacon and maple syrup, both from our favorite New York State smokehouse - Oscar's.

vakthund

We finally rolled in but the office was closed - strange as it was only 9 PM. :) Took site 34. I love the Big Horn Alley.

MdMike

Hello all,

We are fairly new to the forum and I just found this thread! We are not camping but we are in town for the illumination! This is the only trip we stay in a motel but next year, should yo all do this again we will join you in the campground.

We have a new Elkridge 5th wheel.

Where are you going to set up in town for the display on Sunday? We generally stay at the Capitol now, used to do the palace but it was too mobbed to keep track of our son!

When you decide where you are going to set up let us know. We will stop and say hello! We do Christmas Town in Busch Gardens on Saturday.

Some have mentioned the Whaling Co. We eat there every year after the fireworks. Great food and atmosphere!

Hope to hear back!

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Hi Mike and Peggy. Sorry for this late reply but I hope you receive this before Sunday. We are aiming to park our little group close to the stage in Market Square. That is our favorite spot for fireworks viewing, so stop by if you can. Congratulations on your Elkridge, we would love for you to join us at any of our planned rallies. You have a wonderful couple, Ann and Mike Walker, that are leaders for the Maryland Chapter of the Heartland Owners Club. In addition, the Virginia Chapter, the Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and North Carolina Chapters are all active with planned rallies throughout the year. If you have the time and inclination to travel further, Heartland chapters throughout the country would all welcome your attendance. You may also consider joining the Owners Club, as you would then receive many Club benefits. Hope that we get to meet you tomorrow.

MdMike

Thanks Flying D.... If we get up that far tomorrow we will look for you all... I guess. There will be some sort of marking like a flag? We haven't met the folks from Md yet but we are going to try and make the Md Rally in Woodbine this year. My wife is still working but she can travel from the camper to work (we live about 25 min from campground, 30 min for her to work) .

The Mrs. Is looking to retire within the year, I did so 3 years ago. We are fortunate enough that I currently don't have to work and when she retires we are planning a cross country trip!

Take care, thanks for the reply and we hope to find you all tomorrow!

boatto5er

Deb and I made it home around 4:00. Smooth trip home. Now to go put the rig in the storage lot in the dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.