ATF: Road Warrior - Sofa Options

ILH

The sofa on our 2013 305RW has warranty issues with respect to the cushions and support collapsing. We will be taking it in to our dealer shortly to correct all of the 'minor' issues that are outstanding. We're desperate for more sleeping space - so the question we have is whether or not there is an alternate sofa that has an air mattress instead of drawers. We're hoping that Heartland might have something that would fit the decor - even if we had to pay an upgrade charge.

danemayer

ILH,

You probably ought to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. Have your vin# ready.

I purchased a used 2011 RW305 about 3 weeks ago. It has the U shaped dinette, seems like it needs to be able to convert to a bed, just called and left a message w/ the factory, they actually get back to me pretty quick, and spoke to Heartland and this U Dinette does not convert to a bed. She said I am not the first one to ask. It seems like an easy project to perhaps add two short legs for the existing support holes to drop down and use the existing table and make some cushions to fill the area. Anyone done something with one of these like this?
Leigh

ditkitty

LOL, well, we did a poor man modification - just use a piece of wood that tucks back under the sofa seat cushions. It is long enough and wide enough to span the opening, but still tucks back out of sight when not in use. To make a bed, we pull the board and middle seat cushions out from under the backrest - slightly narrower than a single bed, probably, but will fit an adult easy enough. I guess if we needed to, we could put some kind of leg under there for support, but so far so good.