Wax/cleaner

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
I have used many suggested items on this forum and then decided to ask my brother-in-law who has owned a automotive paint store for over 50 years and here is what I found. Many of the products simply shine the surface and do not feed it with necessary ingrediants to protect it from UV (the destroyer of boat and RV surfaces). I won't mention products simply to belittle them but I will tell you what I found out. Maguires 50 marine and RV is the best product I have ever used on my 5er. Takes all oxidation off and makes it look like brand new. It still is like waxing a house but it in about 4 days it is done and lasts for 2 years or more depending on where you live (UV). Many of the others made me work 3 times as hard and when it was over it shined but no protection from UV. Just my two cents worth.................

shaffjc

I will ditto your comment about the Maguiars. I have used some pretty good products over the years but it is the best.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Maguires makes very fine products! I remember back in the 70's I got hooked on the "Mirror Glaze" step process for my 510 BRE Datsun. Flagship is another great product.

For those that have newer rigs and don't need a cleaner wax and not fighting oxidation, I am still a believer in Rejex. I have a Big Country with the notorious fading gray cap! Shortly after the day it was delivered (Feb 12, 2010) I treated the caps with Rejex. Only this summer did the cap start to deteriorate and is beginning to turn white on the very top (the part I did not always reach with the Rejex). My point is, Rejex is an excellent UV protectant and our cap would have puked a year sooner had I not used it...at least that is my opinion!

Here is what the Rejex website says about UV protection...

Does RejeX contain UV inhibitors?
RejeX provides better protection against UV deterioration and fading that any wax-type product we're aware of. RejeX is a tough, impermeable polymer film, so even though it does not contain specific UV inhibitor ingredients, just by its more durable nature it’s going to outlast and out-protect wax-ype protective coatings. Waxes have a very limited life span, and as they degrade they lose their ability to protect from environmental damage. That’s why most wax-type products must add UV inhibitors. RejeX seals paint behind a polymer film barrier, which effectively retards the oxidation process. Two coats of RejeX will effectively block 100% of harmful UV. Recent UV testing on RejeX by two major protective film and vinyl graphic manufacurers showed that RejeX's UV protection qualities are so good, it can increase the life of protective films and vinyl graphics by as much as 50%

Last edited:

donr827

On my new trailer I used Maguires Flag Ship wax since there was no oxidation. 1 coat on the sides, 2 coats on the rear and front cap. On my previous trailer I used Maguires #50 since it had some oxidation.
Don

aatauses

Not sure if anyone has used NU Finish--it is a polimer rather than a wax and I have had very good luck with it
al

Westwind

I have routinely used NUFinish on my trailers and vehicles and have been satisfied with its performance, it's easy on and off and seems to help preserve the decals.