Big Horn 3185 Bedroom Slide issue

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Our 2012 Big Horn 3185 bedroom slide needs to be adjusted after a year of traveling and that is fine with us. However, I would like to adjust it myself if possible and not pay the dealership since I am pretty handy and 3.5 hours from our dealership. Here is what is happening, the wooden skirt on the bottom of the slide, under the dresser, is rubbing on the rug and it collapses in and out depending on the direction of travel of the slide. I can get myself into to adjust one side and that is the one closest to the kitchen but have not figured out how to access the the right side which is closest to the bedroom closet. So I ask my camping friends have you done this and how?

caissiel

I took the bed frame all apart to fit 60in bed. It might be that the bed frame is comming of and not the slide itself. Check the frame supports why its droping by lifting the bed or removing the bed platform. The front section is solid and cannot lift.
Just my $.02

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Is that an electric slide?
If it is, the cable adjustment is pretty tricky.
When you adjust one cable tighter or looser you gave to do the opposite on the other cable.
Have you read the manual for that slide.
If it is BAL, you can find it in the Tools section at the top of the page.

Peace
Dave

ihsolutions

It has to be an electric cable driven slide.

They all changed over not too long after I took delivery of my 2011, and mine was an early 2011.

patsak

The wooden skirt under the closets was rubbing and bending in and out. We figured it was the humidity that swelled the wood. The dealership took that piece out and trimmed it about 1/2" and put it back in with much sturdier hooks. It now works without rubbing on the bottom.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Thanks to all for replies. Cookie you are correct it is a BAL electric cable slide and I have been studying the directions. Looks simple but sounds complicated my biggest problem is gaining access to the right side which is closest to the closet. Keep your ideas and 2 scents coming never to much info.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Snookums the dealer removed that face under the hall closets and under the drawers in the bedroom, trimmed it and put it back. Ours did the same thing and it had nothing to do with the slide adjustment. See you soon!

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2