Replacement Tires

TXTiger

Just had my 2nd stock tire blow out and want to replace my stock china bombs. Have been reading that the Goodyear G614 RST are a good tire. I have a 2012 Cyclone 4014 with three axels. Will the Goodyears fit on the stock wheels? What is a good price and where is a good place to buy them. I see that Camping World has them for $386.99 each installed. Any other brands I should consider? Thanks for all your suggestions and help.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Aw Tony! Sorry to hear this! First, if you have the tire remnants and can take pics, send to TBC (Aimee Walton) awalton@tbcbrands.com. She can hopefully get you replacement tires (which you can sell) or $$ for new ones (not a lot, but it's something).

Second, look on the inside of the spokes of the wheel to determine the load rating of the wheels. G614 requires 110psi, and some of the wheels cannot handle this. If you can't locate the PSI rating, also look for a load rating, and visit Tredit Tire to see if you can find your wheel there. Contract Tredit with either your HL trailer VIN, or your wheel info, and they can tell you the PSI rating. If they are 80 psi rated wheels, you options are a little more limited. But, you could upgrade wheels and tires, and I'm sure some others will chime in with suggestions.

Some folks may also recommend LT tires, which have a higher speed rating than typical ST tires like Maxxis and TowMax (65mph).

Erika

Bksvo

I recently had the same issue. My blown tire is in Canada for analysis at the factory, hopefully to get reimbursement.

I talked with Discount tire about putting on LTs, but the sizes don't work out. the LTs would be an inch larger diameter, and those tires are only 2" apart as it is, so I didn't go that way. They sold me on Carlyle tires, which they claim are now the best made ST tire, since they were redesigned. I was told Discount tested them for over a year before they would carry them, and in the last year of selling them, this store hasn't had one come back.

We'll see how it goes. Maybe I didn't think hard enough about it, but I was between a rock and a hard place on a Friday afternoon away from home. The Carlyle's were ~$200ea mounted, balanced and road hazard.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
If they are 80 psi rated wheels, you options are a little more limited. But, you could upgrade wheels and tires, and I'm sure some others will chime in with suggestions.

Erika
That is not entirely true according to Goodyear. The chart here (courtesy of Goodyear) shows the inflation pressures for the specific loading on the tire. For a 235/85R16 with 3000 pound loading (6000 axle) the proper inflation is 80LBS. I told the people at Goodyear (not a dealer) I was considering the G614 tire but my rim was not rated for 110LBS. He responded that the 110LB number is the maximum operationg cold pressure for the tire and a loading that requires lower pressure will not affect the tire.

Attachments

• Goodyear tire pressures for G614.jpg
    Goodyear tire pressures for G614.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 27

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
It may be true that you could install 110lbs rated tires on 80lb rated rims and use 80 lbs of pressure. Until someone forgets or decides to over fill the tires to 110lbs, Someone could be in for a big surprise.

Birchwood

Our Landmark come with the Goodyear G614 tires and had to replace two, one under warranty and one
because of inside tire wear.I think the inside wear was because the tires were never balanced at the factory.
The cost of a 614 in Canada installed and balanced is $460 CDN.I will continue buying them because of their
high quality.

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
Hey tony,
sorry to hear about your blowouts. At least they did not happen in Cody. Ours went on the way to Myrtle Beach. 6000 miles later