need input- looking to buy

monzi

First time to this forum. Looking to move up to a travel trailer form our Coleman pop-up and heartland is one we are looking at, also Evergreen and Lance. Sure looking for honest input from you folks, even though this is a heartland forum. Looking for likes and dislikes.

Thanks in advance
Rob M
Mesa AZ

oldmannj

Hi Monzi, I love love love my trailrunner 28rks HUGE step up from the SOB I owned previously. The 2 things that were the biggest sellers to the DW and I was the cabinet/counter space of the rear kitchen floor plan, and the comfort of the full width bathroom. Heartland has a myriad of floorplans in all price ranges to choose from. The bottom line is get on the website, do a little research, and finally get out there and find the TT that fits you best. Just like vanilla and chocolate, it's personal preferance. BTW, only downside to this rig I bought recently, seems the rear kitchen units have seperate drains from the bath and the kitchen grey tanks. Have to mess with the stinky slinky twice rather than just once.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I'm a recent Heartland owner and we bought used but after reading this site for several months it occurs to me that the most important thing in a new purchase is the reputation of the dealer. With the collection of warranty cards supplied with a new RV it has to be good to know you're not left on your own if an issue should arise.

pegmikef

We really like our North Trail. Small enough to get into most parks, large enough to provide all of the comforts. 13,000 plus miles and I have only had to call the factory once to obtain a new rubber insulating strip for the slide that had started deteriorating. Even though my TT was out of warranty by a few months customer service send me the replacement at no charge as their rationale was that the deterioration probably started during the warranty period. It is little things like this and things I have read on this forum that keep me with Heartland.

jpdoggett

Welcome to the forum:: We have had 2 StarCrafts fifth wheels 1 was used and 1 was new and 1 new Newmar fifth wheel a old popup and when we started looking for a new fifth wheel to live in 6 month a year we found the Heartland Augusta and we have liked it had a few problem but nothing they didn't fix

First time to this forum. Looking to move up to a travel trailer form our Coleman pop-up and heartland is one we are looking at, also Evergreen and Lance. Sure looking for honest input from you folks, even though this is a heartland forum. Looking for likes and dislikes.

Thanks in advance
Rob M
Mesa AZ

I recently upgraded from a fleetwood pop-up to my used heartland sundance. I looked at several different brands and models and was impressed with the construction and features that the heartland offered compared to other models at the same price/size range.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
We're finishing up our third season with our Bighorn and wouldn't trade it for anything. I don't know anything about the SOB'S but I can tell you that between this forum, the HOC rallies, and the customer service you will receive from Heartland make any of the brands offered by heartland head and shoulders above the rest.

TeJay

These are just my observations and thoughts. I'm not 100% sure on this but after talking to several dealers one manufacturer may have several different plants that make their models. As of about 2 years ago Heartland had 0ver 240 different models and floor plans. One assembly plant may be better with their QC than another. So when owners talk about their unit they may love it but another owner with a different model may have a lot of problems from day one. What I'm saying is a particular model from one company looks really great with top notch QC but that may not be true for other models by the same company. So what do you do??? Settle on a model from say HL. Look at several units from several different dealers. Look underneath and see how neat they finish the bottom. Look inside all interior and exterior compartments with a flashlight. Look at the wiring harnesses are they hanging loose or are they anchored to the wall. Check for saw dust, wire, etc left inside the compartments. Check the drawer slides, are they smooth or do they hang up?? Check the alignment of the cupboard doors. Do they meet in the middle and touch. It's not difficult to adjust doors and everybody is going to check all cupboard doors. If they are not adjusted then the dealer quality in my mind would come into question. Why didn't they do that when it came from the factory?? Check the fit of all windows and doors. Is the exterior caulking neat or sloppy??? If the stuff that you see is not done with a lot of care and concern then what about the stuff that you can't see???

If you find a model you like and it's priced for you but the upholstery is not of your liking then order what you want and wait the 6-8 weeks. You'll have to live with what you buy so why not get what you want. Prior to buying a travel trailer we had two motor homes (1977/1999). We saw them at RV trade shows and with both of them it was love at first sight in regards to the interior style, wood, colors upholstery etc. and we never got tired of them. We always enjoyed traveling and camping in them until it was time to trade. Best of luck in your search.

TeJay