cold weather / ice maker

I have read how to drain the ice maker for winter. But we still camp in the winter. Was planning on draining and not using the ice maker during the winter months because of the line that runs outside before it goes up to the frig. If i drain it and connect fittings back up as instructions say then some water will probably still get pushed into the solenoid valve just because water pressure fromthe rest of the system (camper). What is easiest way to still have water in the rest of the system and it not get into the solenoid? Will have the bail arm in the off position so the solenoid/ice maker should not go through any cyl's. But I want to make sure that none get in the solenoid and freeze.
2013 Grand Canyon - dbl door frig.

brianharrison

I have a valve installed at the take off for the 1/4 poly line from the 1/2 PEX right behind the UDC. I have removed my icemaker (to make more room in the freezer), closed the quarter turn valve and disconnected the 1/4 polyline from the valve (for extra insurance).

Hope this helps.
Brian

lwmcguir

I have read how to drain the ice maker for winter. But we still camp in the winter. Was planning on draining and not using the ice maker during the winter months because of the line that runs outside before it goes up to the frig. If i drain it and connect fittings back up as instructions say then some water will probably still get pushed into the solenoid valve just because water pressure fromthe rest of the system (camper). What is easiest way to still have water in the rest of the system and it not get into the solenoid? Will have the bail arm in the off position so the solenoid/ice maker should not go through any cyl's. But I want to make sure that none get in the solenoid and freeze.
2013 Grand Canyon - dbl door frig.
The valve on the Pex line take off should prevent any water entering the line after you remove it and blow it out. The ice maker line that is.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Blow the lines out with air to winterized the water and ice maker lines. Then find the water line cutoff valve that Brian described (right behind the UDC - remove the basement access wall to get to it) and turn it off. Now you can "unwinterize" the rest of the lines and use the trailer, then re-winterized without redoing the ice maker. We do this 3 or 4 times every year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD