TV issues with local channels?

wildwolfproducts

Having issues with the local channels in our Key largo. Bedroom Tv will have 30+ channels while the main Tv in the Living room will only have 2 or 3? Guessing here but sounds like I have a bad cable running from the front to the back. Anyone else have these issues? If so what did you do it fix it?
Pete

danemayer

Hi Pete,

It's probably one of the coax connectors. Either loose, or a ground strand that's loose. Your signal booster is probably in the bedroom. the antenna coax comes from the roof, through the ceiling to the signal booster. There's it's combined with the cable coax and both go through the booster (on for TV, off for cable). The output wire from the booster probably goes to a splitter at the exterior TV and then on to the living room.

The bad connection could be anywhere starting at the signal booster all the way to the connector on the back of the TV.

Here's a link to the coax layout for most recent Landmarks. All the available layouts are found under the TOOLS/Heartland Owners Manuals section.

I bought a tool set and a pack of compression connectors and replaced every coax connector in the coach, including the ones that are above the antenna crank. Took a little over an hour.

rick_debbie_gallant

Most likely the cable fitting are the culprit. One way to find out is To run a Cable From the bedroom to the living room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since your Key Largo has the TV in a slide, be sure to drop the belly material below the slide.
Look for where the coax from the slide enters through the I-beam frame.
Look there for a barrel connector and check those fittings as well.

Peace
Dave

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Take a close look at the cables you have running from the TV to the cable connections, too. One of mine on the living room TV developed a crack near the connector and until I replaced it, the signal was lousy. Also, if the bedroom TV (where the amplifier is) is on, the living room TV isn't happy.

wildwolfproducts

Thanks guy's will check all the connectors and replace any I can find bad. Have all the stuff to do it anyway. Will be next week before I can check it, were in Crawfordsville In right now. Going to the Purdue this evening then heading back home where the camper is. Got to watch our Nephew Rob Henry #15 play today. Boiler UP.
Also will run the cable from the Front where the booster is to the back TV and try that. Sad to day I did not even try that or think of it. I have 250 Ft of RG6 cable on a reel I use for the Sat dish when I'm camping in the trees.
Pete