EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IA, Amana - 10/2/2013 to 10/6/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudmaker

Hi there. I stopped out this morning to see how the weather was in the campground. Parents are there although didn't get registered with the club soon enough. They are in a Sundance down by the river. Lol.
Wow, that was a big shower this morning. Hopefully the weather will cooperate from here on out. You will all have fun Saturday night with Gary and crew playing music and telling stories. (Ask Gary's wife about her chickens!) As my weekend camping plans got rained out we may stop by Saturday night to enjoy some festivities.
Prospective buyer
Glen

jbeletti

The tour of John Deere was really nice for the 6 of us that went EARLY this morning :)

A bunch of rally attendees went downtown for Oktoberfest and shopping. Fun stuff!

Tonight, Jay and Stella hosted an ice cream social and a few people brought appetizers. Ketelsen RV was there too and they brought several of their Heartland customers with they. Very cool!

I popped over to 2 campfires tonight (3 last night), visiting with Heartlanders.

Looking forward to tomorrow's (Saturday) breakfast starting at 9 am followed by more time downtown Amana and then a great potluck in the evening with brats furnished by Ketelsen and entertainment by Ketelsen as well.

Fun times with Heartlanders!

jbeletti

Wow - what a great rally!

Many of us had a blast at Oktoberfest and shopping downtown etc. Many, many campfires - I went to 2 and 3 campfires nightly :) An amazing breakfast on Saturday and a super-fun potluck Saturday night plus entertainment. Ketelsen RV, our dealer partner for this rally really knocked it out of the park, bringing 9 Heartlanders from Ketelsen's own camping club. They cooked for us, entertained us, sang to us, played games with us. What an amazing dealer! Definitely in an elite category amongst club supporters.

I'm seeing rigs leave already this morning (Sunday) :( We too are starting to pack up.

Thank you Jay and Stella! Thank you David L (Silverado23)! Thank you to all who helped us setup, cook, organize, cleanup etc.

Looking forward to great things from the Iowa Chapter in the coming years :)

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Thanks Jay and Stella for a great rally! Best of luck on your new chapter Dave Lippe.

olcoon

I've got to go along with Jim & Dave, Jay & Stella it was an awesome rally! You guys put on another great rally & picked a great venue to have it in! Sally & I have had a blast...especially Sally on Friday at the Oktoberfest!!!

happykraut

What a great rally. Thanks to all that had anything to do to set it up. Thanks Dave Lippe for taking over as chapter leader. Thanks Dave Tardiff for making/donating that beautiful antler lamp that I won as an attendance prize.

jnbhobe

Jay & Stella, thanks for a great rally and thanks to all the assistants. Good luck to Dave with his new position as chapter leader. We were happy to meet new friends and to be able to spend almost the last 4 weeks with all our old friends.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Well we made it home from the Iowa rally . What a great time Jay and Stella .. Loved all the campfires and seeing and meeting old and new friends.. We hope everyone has a wonderful winter. Dave you will do great in Iowa..

iawoody2

Well we bought our Sundance late July and joined the HOC. Saw the Iowa rally listed and only an hour from home, decided to see what this is all about. We had a great time, met many great people, and ate great food. Thanks Jay and Stella for getting this together. And Dave for stepping up to be our leader, you can count on us to help out with your future plans. I think it is safe to say that we will be joining many rallies in the future, hopefully.
Bob and Pat Wood

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bob, nothing like BS'n with the boys while enjoying a cup of coffee on a cold Iowa morning.
We had a great time at this rally with all the great people.
Attendance was awesome, with 15 states represented.
Congrats Dave on your leadership position.
We look forward to many more Iowa rallies.

Peace
Dave

olcoon

Well we had our last supper & campfire tonight, with Lou, Bette, Kim & Dottie. Had a great time with old & new friends. Leaving in the morning, sad to see it end, but we know we'll be seeing you guys down the road...somewhere! Again Jay & Stella GREAT JOB, & Dave, I'm sure you'll do a great job & thanks for setting up the "Juan Deere" tour, I really enjoyed it!

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Thank you all for the kind words and support as I step up to the Iowa chapter leader role. I look forward to our future rallies in iowa and getting the opportunity to meet more heartland owners. I enjoyed the Iowa rally and meeting everyone.

Last edited:

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
Sounds like the Iowa rally was another huge success! The Ireland's were sad to miss it this year after having to cancel our spot!
Congrats and a big thanks to Dave for taking on the Iowa leadership role, there's been some fun rallies at the Amana Colonies!

Dave and Amy, how did you guys come out with the Oct. storm in SD and WY?

iowaone

Carol and I enjoyed the rally. It was nice to meet many of you whose posts I read. Thanks for giving the Iowa chapter the shot in the arm. Being Dave's dad i believe he will do well. I hope to see again down the road.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.