New 2013 Landmark Exterior Colors, Interior Colors and Wood

DHill57

My wife and I are retiring soon and are seriously considering ordering a new 2013 Landmark Mesa. I've been told that there are new exterior full body paint colors (half body paint as well?), new interior colors and new wood about to be implemented. Can you shed any light on what these are and when they will be posted at the Landmark website?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Guys, Saw the LM cabinets yesterday at the Pomona RV show. They are a dark cherry, almost plum color. Trace

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We just got back from touring Heartland products at Explore USA Wills Point, TX. They hosted a really nice hotdog lunch for the NTX rally group.

The landmark wood is much darker and richer tone, but the longer I spend with it the more I like it. I think the pics don't do it justice!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350157177.805606.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350157229.414252.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350157249.952458.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350157284.416166.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350157334.289677.jpg

Just a few pics I took.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
OK Trace, we where at the show all day with Marty and "T". Never saw you or Chris and Carol. We did get the see the new 3260RL, but had to go to the Giant store in Montclare.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We just got back from touring Heartland products at Explore USA Wills Point, TX. They hosted a really nice hotdog lunch for the NTX rally group.

The landmark wood is much darker and richer tone, but the longer I spend with it the more I like it. I think the pics don't do it justice!!

View attachment 21651

View attachment 21652
I
View attachment 21653

View attachment 21654

View attachment 21655

Just a few pics I took.

We completely agree! These are, without a doubt, the most residential looking Landmarks todate! They finally, in our opinion, found the right mix of dark, rich wood, lighter walls and counters...we absolutely LOVE the new interiors....as soon as we know where we will
Be located for the next few months, we will be placing an order! Cannot wait!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
OK Trace, we where at the show all day with Marty and "T". Never saw you or Chris and Carol. We did get the see the new 3260RL, but had to go to the Giant store in Montclare.

We were there from 11:00 until 5:00. I didn't know you guys were going.

Coincidentally I tried to call Marty about something else, but he didn't answer.

I don't have a cell number for you or Patty anyway. Trace

FordMan1966

Saw the new wood colors online. I personally like my Pecan in my 2013 better. I don't know how the exterior could look any better than the Chocolate full body paint. I backed in at Disneys Fort Wilderness a week ago Saturday and a fellow with a real nice diesel pusher came over and said that is the best looking rig in the campground out of all of the pushers even. My head was big!

Raquel

Our San Antonio is being built right now. I hope it has the new wood colors. It really looks rich.

kkamshop

We completely agree! These are, without a doubt, the most residential looking Landmarks todate! They finally, in our opinion, found the right mix of dark, rich wood, lighter walls and counters...we absolutely LOVE the new interiors....as soon as we know where we will
Be located for the next few months, we will be placing an order! Cannot wait!

I also agree that this is better than the pecan wood decor package, but what vinyl flooring are they using? Anyone got a pic of that?
Of course, we just spent some bucks on the IS system, so we gotta keep ours for at least 3 more years - who knows what will be the "thing" by then LOL!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350591104.560616.jpg

Here's the Landmark flooring. It is a matte finish, looks like cork, maybe?

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I also agree that this is better than the pecan wood decor package, but what vinyl flooring are they using? Anyone got a pic of that?
Of course, we just spent some bucks on the IS system, so we gotta keep ours for at least 3 more years - who knows what will be the "thing" by then LOL!

LOL, aint that always the way. Spend some money on what you have and SOMEONE comes out with something else!

danemayer

Hi DHill57,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Looks like you've found out this is a great source of information and there are a bunch of friendly people here who are always willing to help.

DHill57

Hi DHill57,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Looks like you've found out this is a great source of information and there are a bunch of friendly people here who are always willing to help.

Many thanks danemayer - it is a fantastic source of information for new buyers....we see that you tow your Landmark with a 3500 4X4 Deisel SRW. In addition to the fifth wheel we are trying to sort a tow vehicle. We have been looking at the GMC 3500's and we prefer to not have a DRW (especially for driving when not towing). How do you like yours and how well does it tow? Do you ever feel like you'd have preferred a bit more weight handling capability and stability that the DRW would provide?

danemayer

The SRW works fine for us towing the Rushmore. I think the long bed helps with stability. No problems with trucks passing in either direction. It tows like a dream, including up and down the Rocky Mountains. Plenty of power going up, and with Engine Brake/Cruise Control/Tow Mode, speed is controlled going down the mountains. We've been in moderate crosswinds. I can feel the wind but it doesn't blow us around. Payload is around 4100, so it handles our pin weight nicely. Our Rushmore has washer/dryer and generator right up front, pushing the pin weight up to around 3500.

If I were getting one of the large toy haulers, I might go for a dually, but I think for the Landmarks, the SRW does the job.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have heard that the wood fascia in the New Landmarks are real wood. The one I was in, really did not look real. Does anyone know for sure that it is real wood?