Lift handle for jack pads

Bob Vaughn

Attatched is a photo of how I solved the problem of lifting the jack pads after raising the legs. You can see the black handle underneath the pin.
IMG_4987.jpg

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Great Idea Bob. With the stabilizers, the legs were always a pita to get up. I sprayed some dry silicone on the legs and that helped quite a bit too.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Great idea! But is that handle a permanent mount or does it just slip over the end of a bolt, temporary like? I know on mine, getting the pad up is like milking a cow with rigor mortis. Really not fun when the exhaust from the truck is right in your face.

Bob Vaughn

Great idea! But is that handle a permanent mount or does it just slip over the end of a bolt, temporary like? I know on mine, getting the pad up is like milking a cow with rigor mortis. Really not fun when the exhaust from the truck is right in your face.
What I did was buy a pair of handle bar grips then get a wood dowel that the grips would slip over. I drilled a 3/8" hole thru a piece of the wood dowel the length of the grip. I got a hex head 3/8 x 8" bolt put a washer on the bolt then slid the wood dowel over the bolt then followed that with a washer and a nut....I used coco butter to make the wood dowel slick so the grip would slide over it easily. then just removed the nut and bolt that held the stabilizers to the leg and replaced each with the handle I made and used a self locking nut to hold every thing together. It worked like a charm when I tested it....