Cordless Chain Saw

olcoon

I saw something interesting on TV yesterday. It was a cordless chain saw. My first thought was the battery wouldn't last very long, but apparently it does. At least on the program, & on paper it seemed pretty impressive. If it lives up to what I saw & read, it sure would beat a bow saw or axe to get firewood for a campfire. MSRP is $400.00, & with a better battery it's $500.00, & weighs 12lbs.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
You can get a Husqvarna (14" chain saw / gas) for $149.99 at Northern Equipment and Tool. I'm not much of a fan of cordless stuff as replacement batteries are too pricey for me, plus you alway gotta be rechargeing. I know electric is quieter and a little cleaner, but that's a big swing in price.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I saw something interesting on TV yesterday. It was a cordless chain saw. My first thought was the battery wouldn't last very long, but apparently it does. At least on the program, & on paper it seemed pretty impressive. If it lives up to what I saw & read, it sure would beat a bow saw or axe to get firewood for a campfire. MSRP is $400.00, & with a better battery it's $500.00, & weighs 12lbs.

With a 40 volt lithium-ion battery The Oregan chainsaw should be a able to run much longer than the other cordless chain saws that are usually only 18V. The replacement batteries look like they come in a high capacity and standard capacity at $200 and $150 each.

olcoon

I've never been a fan of anything cordless except for the drills, etc. Years ago I had a cordless weed eater & couldn't get but about 1/2 of the yard done without charging. Just thought this might be something decent to use for taking in the 5er for camp wood, etc. without having to haul gas & oil around also. I realize it's pricy, but it's not very high on my list of something to get. The other day Harbor Freight had a saws all on sale for $35.00 that included the battery & charger. Thought that fit my wallet a little better!