MPG 181 Dimesions & Shipping

Kiwi

I am looking for accurate dimensions on an MPG 181 as I am looking to purchase and ship home. (internationally)
The height is listed as 9'6" on the spec sheet..... Can anyone help clarify that for me? Is that 9'6" measured from ground to roof? Or, is it ground to top of AC unit on roof? If so, how much does the ac unit rise above the highest point of the roof?

I need to know if it can be loaded into a container 8'5" in height (AC unit and, wheels can be removed if needed)

Cheers in advance for any input on this.

Kiwi

danemayer

Hi Kiwi,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a lot of useful information here, but I think the best thing for you to do would be to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. I'm sure they can run down exactly what you need.

bigmaho

Just measured, 8'6" from ground to the top of the shell, an additional 10" for the AC and 2" more to the top of the tv antenna. From the ground to the bottom of the axle is 8". Sounds like it would be a tight squeeze even if you took the wheels off...

On top of the unit are 2 plumbing vents rising about 3", a bathroom vent (also 3"), the AC unit (10") and the TV antenna (12")).

kb0zke

Sounds like removing the antenna and a/c would make it fit.

Just out of curiosity, where is this trailer going? I suspect that the shipping may well cost more than the trailer is worth. My 181 has been for sale for nearly two months with not even a nibble.

danemayer

Kiwi,

Have you considered how to get warranty service at your destination? Parts availability? An up front discussion with Heartland might be a good idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD