EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NJ, Cape May - 10/25/2013 to 10/27/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmannj

Sometimes my boss even lets me out of the truck long enuff to do fun stuff like figger things on my abacus!!!! ED :p

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
As you may have read in another thread Mary and I are stepping down as the NJ Chapter Leaders. We would like to thank those who have registered for the Rally so far for their continued support. We will be at the Rally in October and Deb indicated to us that the Rally will continue under 'new' leadership as it is currently scheduled and we look forward to the new and exciting ideas they bring with them. That being said-good luck to the new NJ Leaders( I just went to edit post #1 and see that Ed & Irene Matulewicz are the new leaders). Mary and I will continue camping with Heartland groups as often as we can. Safe travels to all.

oldmannj

Thanks to Tom and Mary for their time and effort in leading the New Jersey chapter. It is Irene's and my hope to expand on the base map left in our care.
Check in here for updates as well as new information as soon as it becomes available. With all the people who have already volunteered both support and expertise, although we are new, we feel we can bring you a rally that is fun and entertaining

Sincerely Ed & Irene

oldmannj

Want to see me BEG??? We only have 12 sites left for the rally. Book them up and I'll gladly beg for more from the CG. LOL ED.

oldmannj

It came to my attention today that there is a problem with the sites at seashore that were previously booked. I'm working on it as I write this so PLEASE don't give up on me just yet. Being a holiday weekend will slow the process down but not stop it. This should be resolved by the middle of this coming week. Sorry for any inconveniance. ED.

Last edited:

oldmannj

I talked to the campground today (saturday) and they were able to give me 4 more sites on Lake drive. They APPEAR to be easier backin sites however, I'll go down next weekend to check them myself. Unfortunately none of the pull-thrus on Quail are avaiable at this time. This may change as time draws nearer. Updates will be posted here. ED.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Thanks for your prompt follow through on this Ed. Big Rig sites are a necessity for any rally and that will probably be the most important question you can ask when talking about hosting a rally in any facility.

oldmannj

Irene and I went to the campground today (5/26) and looked at the sites personally. I've marked the 6 remaining sites that I feel are big rig friendly with an asterisk next to their number. The other sites although they had big horns and such on them last year seem a bit tighter to my eye. I hope this helps anyone that has or had concerns with the CG and availability. Unfortunately I've come to an impass with procuring anything more suitable to our needs. ED. :angel:

Miller0758

I talked to the campground today (saturday) and they were able to give me 4 more sites on Lake drive. They APPEAR to be easier backin sites however, I'll go down next weekend to check them myself. Unfortunately none of the pull-thrus on Quail are avaiable at this time. This may change as time draws nearer. Updates will be posted here. ED.[/QU

Ed, please post what new sites you come up with and ease of entry. I'll wait to see your post before we book ... thanks and BTW ... congratulations and good luck to you and Irene as the new chapter leaders!

oldmannj

Ed, please post what new sites you come up with and ease of entry. I'll wait to see your post before we book ... thanks and BTW ... congratulations and good luck to you and Irene as the new chapter leaders!

If you go to post 1 the the sites with the asterisk are the sites I feel will be servicable ED.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Ed and Irene,

You have done well and thanks for going the extra mile to check this out. If it weren't for an uninformed campground employee you wouldn't have gone through this at all. This was a minor bump in road of Chapter Leadership and BTW, you passed the test with flying colors! Thanks to you both.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Ed and Irene,

You have done well and thanks for going the extra mile to check this out. If it weren't for an uninformed campground employee you wouldn't have gone through this at all. This was a minor bump in road of Chapter Leadership and BTW, you passed the test with flying colors! Thanks to you both.

Yes Ed and Irene I agree with Debbie you have definately gone the extra mile on this one and New Jersey and HOC are very lucky to have you as a leader. A job well done!

Rottiesmom

Ed

Tried calling campgroud today with no answer, I left a message so as soon as I hear back I will let you know how we made out

oldmannj

Just wanted to let everyone know that things are moving forward and the ground work for a GREAT rally in Oct. is underway. ED.

Last edited:

Rottiesmom

OK Colleen. Let me know if you run into any problem and I'll rattle their cage again. ED.

Spoke with the campground today we are all set and booked on site L24 and John and Maryann Proto are booked on L23, thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.