Power mods for dodge diesel

chardel

anybody done any power mods to dodge diesel for towing? Which ones have you used and did you find they were satisfactory? Have had suggestions from several that banks, quadzilla and edge made products that have a reputation as being very helpful for additional safe power when towing, especially if encountering a lot of hills and mountains and even some are saying they get better mpg as well when using these types of products when towing? I have wondered if any have actual experience with these types of products (and not just "word of mouth/heard about/read about") Have not decided if any of these types of mods would be needed?, desirable?, safe? ets. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Country

Hi chardel,

I did a lot of research and decided to go with the Edge Juice with the Attitude monitor. I've been very happy with the product and Edge as a company. I did have a problem after about 10 months of ownership and with one phone call they sent me a whole new unit. This was an upgrade from my original one. It works even better now.

I like the Edge because, you can add a little more power or a lot (I usually keep it set on 2). It monitors and displays a lot of things for you and will de-fuel automatically to keep you safe. It has a lot of changeable settings or you can leave it set to the default if you don't want to monkey around with it. One other main thing I like is the shut down timer. You can use either timer or egt temp. to trigger the delayed shut down. I use the timer, because the egt's come down rather quick and I like to let fresh/cooled oil carry heat away from the turbo bearings. In the winter I set it for 2 min. and in the summer 3 min. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Chardel

I have the Quad commander. A very nice unit, does all the data logging and defueling. Lots of gauges is the only way to go. However, I don't use a chip or programmer. The engine has lots of power, what I do is work on the efficiency. I have upgraded the intercooler to get a cooler air charge. Adjusted the timing, open the exhaust (running a 5 inch with three free flow mufflers). Rebuilt the air intake with a 5 inch snorkel in the cold air stream. Have a High ram, etc. With all these mods, the turbo really sings. I also do not believe in running high boost pressures. High boost generates very high drive pressure. Most programmers just add fuel and fake the boost readings and generate high boost. This provided power however not efficiency. A very efficient setup will provide power without adding fuel. The setup I have now, I can run WOT with a max of 1200*. Try to do that with a programmer!