Two different rim styles?

mowillie

while searching for an MPG, I would see every now and then one would have the less attractive white trailer tire wheels. The one we bought has them. I know its just a look, like saying its just a color. But I sure like the chrome ones better. Since it seems like they didnt make a lot of MPG's, why would they just not keep the wheels the same?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just a guess on my part, but it may be just economics.
The fancy wheels may be an options that some buyers are not willing to pay for. They could add a grand or more to the purchase price.
If you gotta have em, they are available on line.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Sometimes, inventories are constrained and substitutions have to be made or unit deliveries would be delayed. Doesn't happen often, but it has happened.

Tumblebug

I would look for some full hub caps, Had some on a sob and looked great, also you won't have to find a lug wrench that fits inside the lug holes. I vote for hub caps.
JD

GOTTOYS

I would look for some full hub caps, Had some on a sob and looked great, also you won't have to find a lug wrench that fits inside the lug holes. I vote for hub caps.
JD
Hubcaps seem to be very difficult to keep in place on a trailer..You can try them if you like but I never had any luck with them..Don

plumber54

I have those white trailer wheels and I don't really like the way they look. I've started looking for a pair of wheels that match my truck. Too new to have any in the bone yards yet but I'll waite cause ordering them from ford is $$$$$$$$$

bigmaho

When I purchased my 181 the dealer had 2 units available. One had an upgraded trim package (for and extra $1000) that included fancy rims, a receiver on the rear bumper, lp tank cover, powder coat frame and a gray epoxy finish.