Heartland Gateway...has anyone seen yet?

I was at the Florida RV show last weekend. We fell in love with it. IMHO I think it is the best 5er that I have seen and the little lady thinks so too. There are several features on it that I have never seen in other 5ers. Storage behind the TV with a safe, storage behind the fireplace, table seats 2 or rotates to seat 4, electric (hydrolic?) jacks, floating island that locks in place wherever you want it, roomy bedroom with knickknack/book shelves and 2 night stands, large closet over nose, sit down tub, 1 - 3 seater and 1 - 2 seater couches (very comfortable to sit in) with 5 lazy boy wall hugger style seats. I think the TV is 46 inch and is situated on the side wall next to the kitchen, bar stool and 2 extra matching folding chairs for the table. hmmmmm have I missed something ... probably ... OH the price at the show was $*****.

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi fiddlekrazy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of helpful and friendly people.

The Gateway does sound very nice. Perhaps we'll hear from you shortly that you have one on order.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Someone bought that Gateway that was on display at the Florida RV Show. How about it Fiddlekrazy, was that you? :rolleyes:

jbyrd

I really like the moving counter an many other things about it, I wished it had the rear cap but o well its still at the dealer geting tweeked with a king bed a awning on the slide, an over the slide covers, keyless entry an lippert 6 way auto leveling jacks, ect... Im in no hurry for it I told him to take his time. Oh an hes also putting me in a new Hensley air smart auto leveling hitch

kenb

I purchased a Gateway 3200 last month. Used it and is now back to dealership for warantee work. Loved the movable island.

danemayer

I purchased a Gateway 3200 last month. Used it and is now back to dealership for warantee work. Loved the movable island.

Hi kenb,

Congratulations on your new Gateway and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people who also enjoy RV'ing.

Now that you're the Gateway "expert" you'll probably have a chance to answer questions for others.

Welcome aboard.

sengli

First off we just bought a new big horn 5 months ago, so. Saw the gateway RV's at the indianpolis show. The dealer was wlanut ridge, near Indy. Looks like to me its has the frame and mechanics of the elkridge/ sundance with the upgraded interior of a big horn. Had the electric front jacks, and slides of again an elkridge. Had magnetic latches on the cargo bay doors, not HPG shocks. Was equipped with frameless windows. Kind of a mix of various levels of equipment. It looked nice.

kenb

I used it for the first time a few weeks ago. BTW, the bathroom is really roomy and functional. The living room space, allowed us enough room for 3 families to view a DVD....while the kids watched TV in the master. The mobility of the island is really handy. Can't wait for our next trip......

Cycloner3950

Crazy for Camping!
Why does Heartland not consider building a bunkhouse on the Big Country or Big Horn platform?? Yes, there are some of us out here that will pay for a quality bunk house model without sacrificing. The Gateway is a nice attempt but not enough to make me say "finally"......Very ugly window treatments and no central standard?? I do like the bathroom cabinets, nice finish

B

bwwalczak

We tried the bunkhouse in our high end... did not do well on BC or BH platform - too expensive. We are currently producing the 3650BH in the Gateway series. Key features:

5 slides
4 bunks
3 TV standard
2 bathrooms
&
1 really happy family. The photos are on our website and Facebook now.

Eddhuy

Saw one at the RV show/sale that La Mesa RV has going on at Cal Expo in Sacramento. My wife and I really liked what we saw, dropped getting the Big Country and will be picking up our new 3200 RS next week.

mikeyy53

Not only have I seen one, but we purchased one the 3200RS. we traded in our 2009BC for it. It has a couple of features on it that the BC didn't and vice-a-versa. The quality of the interior seems better than the BC. The safe, fireplace and movable island were pluses for us. The Gateway held all of our interior "stuff" with no problem. The smaller outside storage and electric sides are the downsides for now. Haven't been on a shakedown trip yet. I want to get one in before Goshen.

ParkIt

It's interesting to read about the Gateway, I just stumbled across it last night while looking at inventory our favorite dealer has in stock. When I talked to Heartland earlier (not sales dept), they did say they weren't quite sure where they fit into the line yet but from our salesman at the lot he says BH & BC customers are getting the wow factor out of the Gateway. I did notice the tanks are a little smaller, it doesn't have the front and rear cap and storage is reduced but the inside is quality living. It is lighter for towing so it would seem like a high quality unit for frequent trips, we are entertaining the 3200 until we know more about our unit being fixed.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Parkit, it's built on the same line as the ElkRidge and Sundance. From my observations at RV shows, it has very nice decor and amenities inside, but the "bones" are not the same as a full timing rig (BC,BH,LM). It probably has a smaller frame, smaller tanks, different construction methods, no drop frame, no hydraulics...

Not trying to discredit the Gateway, just don't be too distracted by the shiny objects. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

bwwalczak

Just to clear this up, there are many similarities between Gateway and the other Heartland Luxury 5th wheels.

1 - laminated floor - same exact floor used in Big Country, Bighorn, and Landmark
2 - Frameless windows - same exact as Landmark
3 - 10" & 12" frames - same exact (by floorplan) as Big Country, Bighorn, and Landmark
4 - 6 layer 2" thick laminated sidewalls - same as Big Country, Bighorn, and Landmark

These are just a few quick items.

Plus there are items that Big Country / Bighorn do not do

1 - Heat pads on the tanks - standard
2 - Cir-Q-Lair - special a/c ducting system which allows for more airflow from 28,500 btu a/cs (all standard)
3 - wall mounted versa-table

There are some differences, but this is to hit the price. Most dealers are listing this coach for low $50,000. this is under the Big Country/Bighorn, and especially the Landmark. Yes, the Gateway does not have the drop frame, but the added cost is big.

You can have a great looking coach, and not the extra money!!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks for clearing it up, Bryan! I think the Gateway fits a niche that others do not.

Erika