Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Heartland Gateway...has anyone seen yet?

1. Print this Post   #51
    Senior Member - Past Moderator Ray LeTourneau's Avatar

Re: Heartland Gateway...has anyone seen yet?

Hello kernst. Welcome to the heartland Forum. Regarding the gray for the rear bath. It more than likely receives the drainage from the kitchen. At least that makes the most sense to me.
    We have an early Bighorn 3400. When I saw a Gateway in Tampa over the winter, It reminded me a lot of the early Bighorns prior to 2008. They had the straight frame like the Gateway. The 2008 and newer Bighorns have a drop front frame. I'm not sure why they made that change but I'm OK with the straight/flat frame. It may have a bit more flex but I added a set of scissor jacks just in front of the wheels and that really helps make for a solid feeling in the rig when parked. The Gateway probably has the laminated floor and roof system which is a huge improvement over the older Biighorn.
    I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you decide to buy. This is a great forum and there are many great folks here willing to help if needed. Not to mention, the greatest Customer Service from Heartland. (Sorry, had to say it I'm a fan)
    Ray & Lin
    R.I.P. Suzi
    R.I.P Bart

2. Print this Post   #52

Thanks Ray. I appreciate the insight. You're probably right, I didn't even think of the kitchen sink draining into the rear gray tank. Makes perfect sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray LeTourneau View Post
    Hello kernst. Welcome to the heartland Forum. Regarding the gray for the rear bath. It more than likely receives the drainage from the kitchen. At least that makes the most sense to me.
    We have an early Bighorn 3400. When I saw a Gateway in Tampa over the winter, It reminded me a lot of the early Bighorns prior to 2008. They had the straight frame like the Gateway. The 2008 and newer Bighorns have a drop front frame. I'm not sure why they made that change but I'm OK with the straight/flat frame. It may have a bit more flex but I added a set of scissor jacks just in front of the wheels and that really helps make for a solid feeling in the rig when parked. The Gateway probably has the laminated floor and roof system which is a huge improvement over the older Biighorn.
    I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you decide to buy. This is a great forum and there are many great folks here willing to help if needed. Not to mention, the greatest Customer Service from Heartland. (Sorry, had to say it I'm a fan)

3. Print this Post   #53

After a rocky week dealing with our local dealer, we did the final walk-through last night, making a list of a hand full of minor fixes that the dealer needs to address. We will be doing the PDI and taking possession of a Heartland Gateway 3650BH tomorrow morning. After looking at numerous other models from other manufactures, the layout of the Gateway 3650 is the main factor that steered us in that direction. My wife and I have also made numerous comments about how sturdy and well built the Gateway unit feels. Maybe it's just what we are comparing it to (Coachmen Catalina), but I am very impressed by the build quality. Some of the trim work is a little to be desired, but unfortunately we found that in a lot of other models, not just Heartland units. Nothing that the dealer can't fix, but still, a little discouraging when buying a new unit in this class.

I will start a new thread in the Gateway Community soon with my initial thoughts. We're planning on taking the new unit out next weekend, so I should be able to get a good impression of her then. Thank you all that replied and answered my previous questions.

4. Print this Post   #54

If its like the sundance 3400qb, the front bathroom is black 1 and grey 1, kitchen, outdoor sink, and back bath is grey 2, back toilet is black 2

Sent using Tapatalk2

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6