Heartland Gateway...has anyone seen yet?

Kbvols

Has anyone seen the Gateway? I seen some pictures at Great Lakes RV web site. There is no information on them just pictures. They look sharp.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 442
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 509

Westwind

Hadn't heard of it - haven't seen it. Did do a search a found 2 out there. You have to scratch your head a little and wonder how many new lines of trailer's that Heartland is going to introduce. I don't understand the marketing theory. To me Big Country, Big Horn, and now Gateway all seem to overlap each other. It will be interesting to read the Heartland presentation on this new line and where it fits into their product line.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
As seen in the Heartland Highlights Newsletter, they have LED lighting.

I have not seen those pics, wow it does look similar to a Big Country on the exterior. Will be interesting to see where it falls in the line-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ihsolutions

From the first pic, this does not look like a coach on the level of BH, BC. It does not have a drop frame, nor does it have hydraulic landing gear. Looks more like an Elkridge to me, with trendy BC styling cues.

Westwind

Didn't pick up on the drop frame and hydraulic landing gear, interior does look high end with the W/D option. One dealer showed a $69K MSRP ???? So I'm still puzzled about where it fit's in.

TravelTiger

From the first pic, this does not look like a coach on the level of BH, BC. It does not have a drop frame, nor does it have hydraulic landing gear. Looks more like an Elkridge to me, with trendy BC styling cues.

Yes, after more views of the various pics on the Great Lakes RV site, I agree. It looks like upgraded features from the ElkRidge platform.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Is that stove still a 3 burner. It looks huge. It would be nice to have a stove top that has more room and a oven that has a pilot lighter included.

BC

TravelTiger

Is that stove still a 3 burner. It looks huge. It would be nice to have a stove top that has more room and a oven that has a pilot lighter included.

BC

I think it's a fish-eye effect in the photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kbvols

From a marketing standpoint it makes sense. Offering a distinct product on existing platform similar to Sundance and Greystone assuming it is same platform as Elkridge. Meeting consumer demand along style and trend lines without sacrifice to core product.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I also noticed the carpeting has been removed with vinyl in it's place. There is still carpet around the perimeter. It will be interesting to see one in Tampa. The windows seem to have trim similar to Landmarks with none of the side pieces. (Lamberkins? John Dar's term:))

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
But the Center Island moves.

I believe the ends detach from the island and you can roll them around.

Marketing photography is too darn tricky. The HL pictures make it look very large and roomy. Fish Eye Lens should be banned from Marketing people.

ihsolutions

Marketing photography is too darn tricky. The HL pictures make it look very large and roomy. Fish Eye Lens should be banned from Marketing people.

I agree completely, super wide angle lenses are deceiving. Much like the recent down-sizing of food packages... make them wide and tall, but shallow, with large carve-outs at the bottom to reduce actual volume. But all the mfrs are doing this, so what are ya gonna do?