EVENT: Heartland Owners Camp-Out: AZ, Quartzsite - 1/17/2013 to 1/24/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXTiger

Next time you are camping in San Diego County let me know. I live near the stadium and also ride a harley.

Looks like Greg and Rhonda missed a good trip to Quartzite. I need to get on the Forum more often. Read about the trip just as we were getting ready to leave on the same dates to Silver Strand State Beach in Imperial Beach/Coronado for 4 days then on to KQ Ranch in Julian, CA. for 3 days. I toured the website and the campground you stayed in looks really nice. We have never been to Quartzsite to camp in any month and this is definitely on our list. Sorry we missed it.

Greg and Rhonda
hogwaii

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Gaffer:287696 said:
Just a thought for next year. The first week of February Quartzsite has the Rock and Roll, Hot Rod event. Maybe have the rally that week and we could have a Super Bowl party as well. Just saying.

PJ,
It's certainly something to consider. Although I think a lot of folks really enjoyed the RV show.
Maybe we can catch the end of the RV show (best deals) and hang around for the one's you mentioned.
I'll check it out.
Trace

Gaffer

This year the Rock and Roll and Hot Rods is the weekend after the RV show ends so it woud be possible to do both. BTW I contacted Wes Reed who did the entertainment at the SOCAL rally in Solvang a couple of Octobers back. He sold his Cyclone and bought a park model in Apache Junct. He lives in Central Oregon so we are going to hook up this summer. He does have a smaller traver trailer (SOB) so I invited him to the Oregon Rally to see old friends.

TandT

PJ, Okay great. Maybe we can really make this thing a happening by next year. Trace

hogwaii

Next time you are camping in San Diego County let me know. I live near the stadium and also ride a harley.

I will let you know. Silver Strand State Beach is very nice. It's about to get nicer. Before, it's all dry camping. The campground is shutting down in March for a month to put in water and electrical at each site. There will be a dump station nearby. We will be going back. We had 5 RV's on this trip. 4 were SOB's.
.........Greg Hall

rarnold

Just wanted to chime in on the end of our Quartzsite experience and how great a job Trace & Terri did. We had a super group, fun times, and a great happy hour almost every night where we just got together and talked.

We sure will try to make next year's camp-out. Maybe the Wednesday of the RV show to the following Sat/Sun of the car show. 7-10 days out here is a great way to spend part of a January.

Thanks again TandT for a DYNAMITE (TnT) job. Here's to Heartland's Newest WagonMaster.

Rod

TandT

Just wanted to chime in on the end of our Quartzsite experience and how great a job Trace & Terri did. We had a super group, fun times, and a great happy hour almost every night where we just got together and talked.

We sure will try to make next year's camp-out. Maybe the Wednesday of the RV show to the following Sat/Sun of the car show. 7-10 days out here is a great way to spend part of a January.

Thanks again TandT for a DYNAMITE (TnT) job. Here's to Heartland's Newest WagonMaster.

Rod

Thank you Rod. Trace

Status
Not open for further replies.